Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mother and toddler groups around Brisbane?

Mother and toddler groups around Brisbane?

Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

rachyj will become famous soon enough
Default Mother and toddler groups around Brisbane?

Hi All

We will be landing into Brisbane on the 12th April (2 weeks today-eek!) and I was wondering if anyone knows of any mother and toddler groups I could attend?
We will initially be staying in 'Eight Mile Plains' for the first 4 weeks and my hubby will be starting work on Monday 19th April so whilst he is at work I am looking for places to go and meet people with my two year old son to help us settle in more easily?
We are aiming to secure a more permanent rental after the first 4 weeks in the Bayside area of Brisbane, but until we can explore-we dont know which suburb yet...

Any information would be greatly appreciated
Rachy x
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:58 am
Just Joined

kath2198 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mother and toddler groups around Brisbane?

Try www.bubhub.com.au or Playgroup Queensland. We moved over in Sept last year and I have recently had a baby. I am still finding my feet and looking to make friends. We are currently living in Cornubia which is approx 20 mins car ride from 8 Mile Plains. Maybe once you've arrived and got over the jet lag, you might fancy meeting up for coffee?
Good luck with the move-how exciting!!

Kath
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kath2198
Try www.bubhub.com.au or Playgroup Queensland. We moved over in Sept last year and I have recently had a baby. I am still finding my feet and looking to make friends. We are currently living in Cornubia which is approx 20 mins car ride from 8 Mile Plains. Maybe once you've arrived and got over the jet lag, you might fancy meeting up for coffee?

Kath
That sounds great Kath-thankyou very much, I will definately take you up on the offer.

How are you finding it-are you glad you made the move?
Old Mar 31st 2010, 1:31 am
Just Joined

I have found it all really positive so far. People are generally polite and helpful. The checkout girls/boys strike up a conversation with you while packing your shopping for you! The shop attendants ask 'how are you going?' I found it very refreshing to the way people are in the UK.
Have you been out here before? Let me know if there are any questions you have and I will try my best to answer them.
Kath

Last edited by kath2198; Mar 31st 2010 at 1:49 am.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Kath
Ha ha ha! Kath, Ive just PM'd you x
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 8:39 am
Just Joined

racheysteve5 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi girls i have been living here for almost 4 years, i have 5 boys the youngest is just 6 months old and i know of a few playgroups, however nothing like as nice as the ones back home. I would be glad to have you over for a coffee and a chat or meet at a park somewhere in the middle. I am at Tanah Merah and work at the lifestyle gym in Conubia.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

5 boys, wow! I live in Cornubia, so not far from you at all. Rach and I meet up yesterday for coffee which was really nice. Always up for coffee, maybe at one of the outdoor coffee shops at the Hyperdome? What days do you work? I will be working Weds and Fri from next week Hopefully the other Rach will be able to join us to.
Kath
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 2:25 am
Just Joined

I only work Fridays at the moment so any day other than that is good, I will have Lockie whos 4 with me at the start of the week as he only goes Kindy thurs and fri. Give me a shout when and I'll be there x
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 2:28 am
Just Joined

ignore this gotta make 3 replys before i can view private messages, that will teach me for not remembering my old login details so i had to start again aggghh!!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 4:00 am
Just Joined

How about Tuesday at the Coffee Club, say 10am? If it's nice we can sit outside and then Lockie can play in the outdoor play area if our conversation bores him!!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

How about Tuesday at the Coffee Club, say 10am? If it's nice we can sit outside and then Lockie can play in the outdoor play area if our conversation bores him!!
Hello!
Tuesday is good for me too if that is ok? I should have the car if I drop hubby off at work-and the outdoor play area sounds good for Lew!

Any problems-Ill let you know
Ill look forward to it x
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Ok that sounds fab ,you will know me i'll be the one shouting at a child called Lockie!! He has personality that one. Just in case he's being good though i'll have a red and black pushchair and will sit on the benches by the outdoor play area. I'm laughing at myself typing this, I feel like i'm going on a blind date
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

That's very funny, it is like a blind date!! Really looking forward to catching up. See you Tues.
Kath