Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mother And Toddler Groups

Mother And Toddler Groups

Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Mother And Toddler Groups

Does anyone know of such groups in the area. We are at Redland Bay, daughter will start preschool this month and the wife wants to take our 3 (nearly) year old to mother and toddler groups for a couple of hours at a time. He goes to the local child care centre once a week, but we would like some other options to provide him with some stimulus and to play with other kids, cheaply! Or maybe there are other parents in the same boat and we could arrange a group like this somewhere??
We can travel of course within reasonable distances.

Thanks for any help
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:11 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default Re: Mother And Toddler Groups

I believe there are a couple on the go in wynnum and we move there at the weekend ..

this was the main reason for picking wynnum as the wife doesn't drive and we have our daughter 2 WHO needs the interaction with other kids (plus the wife is getting bored and would like some company!)

Heres the details of one i've found for her .

Playgroups

Monday Mites 0-2 years
Tuesday Tots 2-5 years
Activities include free play, painting,
singing time, special days, trips to the beach
and other places.
Donation $1 per week to cover costs.

Contact Alison Cunningham on 3396 5402.

We haven't actually called this as we dont get to wynnum till saturday (currently in newstead and theres nothing here) but my wife will be actively looking as from next week

if you want to pass me your wifes details (pm) then i will pass them to my wife who is DEFINATELY on the lookout for other moms in the bayside area!!

cameron

Last edited by cam_uk; Jan 10th 2006 at 11:18 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I asked the midwife in the local baby clinic, in our local chemist, and she was able to give me info about mum and baby groups in the Suburb I live in.

My bubs is 6 months old, but unfortunately I live on the North side and don't drive.

I hope your wife finds a group.

Katie
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulb
Does anyone know of such groups in the area. We are at Redland Bay, daughter will start preschool this month and the wife wants to take our 3 (nearly) year old to mother and toddler groups for a couple of hours at a time. He goes to the local child care centre once a week, but we would like some other options to provide him with some stimulus and to play with other kids, cheaply! Or maybe there are other parents in the same boat and we could arrange a group like this somewhere??

Thanks for any help
Hi

If you call your local Doctors, the reception should be able to put you in touch with some play groups, ours advertise them on their notice board. Also what about the local community centre, check out the board there as well.

HTH

K
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

avroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really nice

Originally Posted by paulb

Thanks for any help
Check with local churches as they usally provide playgroups for the community.