Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Most popular suburbs by sales, 2013

Most popular suburbs by sales, 2013

Old Feb 15th 2014, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most popular suburbs by sales, 2013

I actually find it a very interesting list. What it indicates to me is places where demand for sales are high, and with the recent surge of the 'grey hair' brigade self managing their super funds into something they love and know best, property, it shows the the places that have the cheapest property to buy yet where they can turn over the best rent in terms of yield.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

FlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond repute

It could be a very interesting list for the statistically challenged. To everyone else, it means very little.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 4:55 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimbersBack
Title: most popular suburbs by sales,2013

Are you joking. Even a baboon could understand that title. On an australia forum... Erm
As for context, its a list see first line of post.

Most popular suburbs for houses.
Second line .. Number sold past 12 months.

Jeeze.
I had no problem understanding the thread, it is pretty clear really but I just questioned whether they were popular using the accepted use of the word or cheap which also makes an area popular but for other reasons.
As someone who has a little posse following me around 'misunderstanding' lots of my posts I wouldnt worry about it
Old Feb 15th 2014, 8:34 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Pakenham is full of dozens of new build estates so its obviously going to sell lots of houses.

The list is pretty much a waste of time because Pakenham isn't popular because of the town being so wonderful, its simply got hundreds/thousands of newbuilds that are available.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light

I agree, but the list was compiled by RealEstate.com.au . A more accurate portrayal, would be via rpdata.

I think the point is, popular doesnt necessarily mean good. It could have many connotations, which is the express reason for threads like this, because no further info was furnished by REA, it semed like a good idea to open it up for discussion.
I dnt know most of those suburbs, so its good to see what peoples opinions are, if nothing to highlight to non australian residents, that they should be wary of buying in popular ( by sales ) burbs, on the basis it must mean they are great suburbs.

Which I think is where the direction of this thread in essence has meandered.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 10:08 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I think the point is, popular doesnt necessarily mean good.
But I'm not sure the number even indicates popularity. A better measure might be time on the market...houses will sell quicker in 'popular' locations?
Old Feb 15th 2014, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, but the list was compiled by RealEstate.com.au . A more accurate portrayal, would be via rpdata.

I think the point is, popular doesnt necessarily mean good. It could have many connotations, which is the express reason for threads like this, because no further info was furnished by REA, it semed like a good idea to open it up for discussion.
I dnt know most of those suburbs, so its good to see what peoples opinions are, if nothing to highlight to non australian residents, that they should be wary of buying in popular ( by sales ) burbs, on the basis it must mean they are great suburbs.

Which I think is where the direction of this thread in essence has meandered.
Why?

If its to live in you want to live in the best or close as you can afford to the best. If its for investment you go with the best yield. You just need to attend a few auctions in Sydney to see its the grey haired or Chinese investor snapping up the property. First home buyers don't exist.

Anyhow. Its all gonna come tumbling down apparently.

http://smh.com.au/domain/real-estate...215-32snu.html
Old Feb 15th 2014, 10:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Why?

If its to live in you want to live in the best or close as you can afford to the best. If its for investment you go with the best yield. You just need to attend a few auctions in Sydney to see its the grey haired or Chinese investor snapping up the property. First home buyers don't exist.

Where's lumpommer ewhen we need him?
Old Feb 15th 2014, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Where's lumpommer ewhen we need him?
Zulu loves a property chat too. Looks like he just woke up too over on the Cricket Thread.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beoz
Why?

Not sure what you are WHY?'ing too.

Anyhoo, word is Syd and Melb markets to crash.

FHB are thin on the ground but are out there. No doubt with the release of 40 year mortgages to tempt them.

The majority of chinese investors, are buying top end ( snap a bargain ) properties, which doesnt reflect on the major market movers. Esp. in Brsbane.

Investors are busy looking for property in QLD, no doubt fuelled by unaffordable property down south.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spottydog
Not sure this really reflects most popular suburbs, if my suburb had this number of sales it would mean 90% of homes in the suburb had sold in the year which would definitely indicate to me that it was very unpopular.

These maybe the largest suburbs?
AFAIK, Reservoir is the largest suburb in Melbourne..... It's on the list.... Most of the rest of the Victorian ones are in new suburbs and most likely new builds.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Feb 16th 2014 at 3:53 am.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 3:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what you are WHY?'ing too.

Anyhoo, word is Syd and Melb markets to crash.

FHB are thin on the ground but are out there. No doubt with the release of 40 year mortgages to tempt them.

The majority of chinese investors, are buying top end ( snap a bargain ) properties, which doesnt reflect on the major market movers. Esp. in Brsbane.

Investors are busy looking for property in QLD, no doubt fuelled by unaffordable property down south.
Investors might be busy looking at QLD but not buying according to the list you posted - only one QLD suburb.

Bit of a pointless list if you want to live in SA - and meaningless for anywhere else without other data like size of suburb, duration on market, etc

Have you seen the price of lettuce though
Old Feb 16th 2014, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Pakenham - it would have to be the number of new estates - making it, yes, popular with a demographic who wish to buy there - families looking to buy and raise families who can't budget for the suburbs closer in - or amazement - people who want to live out that way.

Also if it is 'starter home' territory - then some of these new buyers will upgrade as soon as they can - if that was their plan - so there would be some flippers.

Pakenham is basically an old blue-collar 'country' town on the edge of Melbourne being absorbed into the suburbs.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 10:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Investors might be busy looking at QLD but not buying according to the list you posted - only one QLD suburb.

Bit of a pointless list if you want to live in SA - and meaningless for anywhere else without other data like size of suburb, duration on market, etc

Have you seen the price of lettuce though
Girl I worked with last night had lettuce sandwiches for dinner, I commented she is doing too many overtime shifts if she can afford that kind of dinner
Old Feb 16th 2014, 10:54 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Girl I worked with last night had lettuce sandwiches for dinner, I commented she is doing too many overtime shifts if she can afford that kind of dinner

must be true - I had lettuce this week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.