Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The most peculiar feeling in the world is when...........

The most peculiar feeling in the world is when...........

Old Mar 1st 2006, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

lloydmav has a spectacular aura aboutlloydmav has a spectacular aura aboutlloydmav has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: The most peculiar feeling in the world is when...........

Originally Posted by gedge
sent you karma, it's too early my brain ain't fully functional yet
hehe thanks
Old Mar 1st 2006, 7:59 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The most peculiar feeling in the world is when...........

OH MY GOD!! :scared: We will be paying all that money to get all our worldly goods to Oz, and look at those ones at the back of that boat they will never make it all that way!!

I cant get over that!!

And as for the pictures of the sinking boats, that is just very worrying!!

Ok we on to plan B, sell EVERYTHING and buy new when we get there!!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:22 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

I hope yours isn't one of the containers at the back mate cos it doesn't look safe. I thought they'd stopped stacking containers at the stern due to safety and ballast, look here mate for the latest amendments to International shipping standards.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
OH SHIT !!

LOL made my night very funny
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww wow, you do some of the best post wavy, you do. Thats fab (and I am in the plane spotters club lol) letting us see your stuff float away, hugs to ya hun

lace xx
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:19 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rossifumi
I hope yours isn't one of the containers at the back mate cos it doesn't look safe. I thought they'd stopped stacking containers at the stern due to safety and ballast, look here mate for the latest amendments to International shipping standards.
PMSL great way to ease his nerves love it
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:23 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulf
PMSL great way to ease his nerves love it
Bastards.....................the lot of you

Apart from you Lace of course
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:00 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Bastards.....................the lot of you

Apart from you Lace of course
Mate, I checked your ship on the Hapag-Lloyd website. Did you know it's sailing to China?
I expect your stuff will be selling on Ebay China in 8 weeks or so.

If you follow the above link, go to Schedules (it's on the right hand side under Online Business) and then in the new window choose Vessel Tracing.
Your ship the Savannah Express (who's the anorak now?) is going Rotterdam, Singapore then China.
No stopping in Oz?? Unless they float if off near Papa New Guinea and give it a shove in the right direction?
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:40 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
Mate, I checked your ship on the Hapag-Lloyd website. Did you know it's sailing to China?
I expect your stuff will be selling on Ebay China in 8 weeks or so.

If you follow the above link, go to Schedules (it's on the right hand side under Online Business) and then in the new window choose Vessel Tracing.
Your ship the Savannah Express (who's the anorak now?) is going Rotterdam, Singapore then China.
No stopping in Oz?? Unless they float if off near Papa New Guinea and give it a shove in the right direction?

They split the containers down to a shuttle service once they dock in Singapore ... now who is the sad one!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Stop that you lot. Now play nice to Wavy.

I showed the photo's to my little lad and he was amazed. He knew they got there by ship but seeing it on a picture was something different. He said are ours going like that, bless.

hugs Lace xx
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:24 am

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

you see your stuff FLOATING AWAY IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES DOWN SOUTHAMPTON WATER ON A BOAT THE SIZE OF A VILLAGE! :scared:

Our container's on this bleedin' dirty great big mutha', lucky enough to live only 20 mins away to give it a wave this afternoon, does this put me in the same category as train & plane spotters? I wasn't wearing a greasy overcoat....................honest

Still can't work out which one's ours though

See attached "boatie" photos for added sadness.

Oooh dear those on the back look a bit precarious.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:29 am
Drifting back to earth

Originally Posted by Shelley29
Oooh dear those on the back look a bit precarious.
Ours is in a 20ft crate, all those on the back are 40ft....does make you feel a little nervous though
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:46 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Ours is in a 20ft crate, all those on the back are 40ft....does make you feel a little nervous though

Mate, you've turned into a right shipping saddo - you are now the official BE Forum expert on shipping containers!

Those ones at the back don't look very safe tho', do they? We were going to go for a 40' .......not so sure now!

Nicky
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 9:11 am

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours will be a 20ft container. Not on the back then (here's hoping). Still very worrying. Tales of containers blowing off ships and being filled full of holes and sinking........ That's it, I'm not going to think about that bit.

However, the list of things I'm not going to think about is starting to get a bit long!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:22 pm
Drifting back to earth

Originally Posted by Shelley29
Ours will be a 20ft container. Not on the back then (here's hoping). Still very worrying. Tales of containers blowing off ships and being filled full of holes and sinking........ That's it, I'm not going to think about that bit.

However, the list of things I'm not going to think about is starting to get a bit long!!!
Best not to stare at those photos too long then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.