Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Most annoying type of post...

Wikiposts

Most annoying type of post...

Old May 17th 2005, 4:25 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most annoying type of post...

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Oh the thing that got on my nerves yesterday, Karma threads, where people go to exchange Karma, and then bang on about how much Karma they've got Glad to see it got shifted to the lounge.

JTL
I mentioned how much karma I got because I suddenly 'got' how people who post lots of crap can have so much karma. They spend lots of time in The Lounge. I don't 'bang on' about it as you claim. There are other people who have lots of karma who deserve it before anyone gives me grief.

Karma is a bit of innocent fun, and I'm sick to death of:

a) cynical comments about it.

b) people who want loads to 'look good' on the forum.
Old May 17th 2005, 4:26 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
I personally think that people with say 5000+ posts should really try and get out more...

There's got to be more to life than sitting in front of a computer in a bedroom at night talking to a bunch of folk you're never likely to meet.

Or am I missing something ?
Couldn't agree more...

Though I might add that I'm not condemning those with a lot of posts for having a lot of posts.

Last edited by tonyk38; May 17th 2005 at 4:32 am.
Old May 17th 2005, 4:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
I'm getting the blog sorted - BTW I am not living my life on the forum I have a full, varied life, with lots of very good friends. Just thought it would be fun to do a diary, to help people, but it's becoming less and less so, thanks to the odd nasty comment on here.

It saddens me this thread even started, because I am not the only one who has started threads on this list and people are only asking for help or giving an opinion, they don't expect to be attacked.

Jill
I will wholeheartedly defend what you post Jill. You deserve our support.
Old May 17th 2005, 4:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
This is my sort of post. Everyone saying something but everyone saying b*gger all. Have to agree with OP even though I am guilty of starting some of them. The one's that really p*ss me off I don't reply to unless really really PMTish just go away and mutter mutter grumble grumble about getting a life, go boil head etc. Kids look she's at BE again
We all post crap from time to time; I'm guilty as charged in that respect. I just think there's some nastiness on this forum from people who no doubt think they're being terribly clever or holier-than-thou, and it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Old May 17th 2005, 4:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
This post has certainly got people talking! Obviously a 'sore' point for some people? Personally, I have no problem with any of the posts - I scan, read some, skip some. I LOVE IT ON HERE!!!!!!!!

You are clearly a cynic-free zone, which is to be applauded!

Much karma on its way when it will let me send it again.
Old May 17th 2005, 4:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by possoms
I take it you have your visa which is why you feel you can sit back and take the piss out of people just starting out.

did you know all the answers to the above when you started out? if so why come on here in the first place?

This is an immigration forum what the hell kind of questions or threads are we supposed to start?
People should be allowed to post whatever they like, so long as it's not deeply personal. Inevitably that means that the same questions will come up over and over again. Which reminds me of the old adage: If you don't like it....don't read it!

Last edited by tonyk38; May 17th 2005 at 4:51 am.
Old May 17th 2005, 4:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Me and in answer to the post above...

Please read the opening line "tongue in cheek".

Some people seem to be a little touchy over something, I can't think what.
I think you knew what you'd start when you started this thread Three Legs. I don't honesty believe you're that naive...
Old May 17th 2005, 4:57 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
I'm getting the blog sorted - BTW I am not living my life on the forum I have a full, varied life, with lots of very good friends. Just thought it would be fun to do a diary, to help people, but it's becoming less and less so, thanks to the odd nasty comment on here.

It saddens me this thread even started, because I am not the only one who has started threads on this list and people are only asking for help or giving an opinion, they don't expect to be attacked.

Jill
I am stepping into defend this one, everyone has the right to post what they want more or less as long as they don't start mud slinging and getting personal with someone they have never even met

If you don't like the thread, just back off or don't read it.

I am surprise how quick this thread has grown in hours, shows you the shit we respond too

I think we all have varied lives, sometimes I read this Forum daily, sometimes I go for a few days, just the way it is. I don't run my life round it but I do enjoy the net, I ma not into TV or movies that much plus freeking soccer is on the box every day here.

And karma . . it is a bit of fun ladies and gents

For the record, just finished full day of work, been to the Gym, off to see my friend and then dinner with hubby when he returns home at 8 pm. Not much of a life but mine and I am happy, as well as a happy poster.

Merlot

Old May 17th 2005, 1:46 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
This is an immigration forum what the hell kind of questions or threads are we supposed to start?
It's not an immigration forum, it's lifestyle and culture. Immigration related threads are BORING and don't belong here.
Old May 17th 2005, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick one to put my tuppence in. My only hope is that this thread doesn't put any newbies off posting. I know when I first joined I asked a couple of questions that had been asked a million times before (and yeah I should have done a search first!! ) but noone shot me down or ignored me. This forum is full of really nice people who sometimes wander off the point or talk endlessly about bisto ( ) but it all adds to the mix and in my book thats a good thing. If you're not going to upset anyone babble on I say
Old May 17th 2005, 4:41 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I think you knew what you'd start when you started this thread Three Legs. I don't honesty believe you're that naive...
Indeed.