Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Most annoying type of post...

Wikiposts

Most annoying type of post...

Old May 17th 2005, 3:04 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Most annoying type of post...

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Before I go on, this thread is a "little" tongue in cheek...

What type of post really twists your melons...

a) Can anyone tell me about the suburbs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxx ?

b) Exchanging money advice needed

c) How long before I contact my case officer ?

d) The Potatoe Peeler Memoires part XXVI

e) Anyone have any links to cheap airfare websites

f) Oz wages compared to the UK

g) Car hire companies in Perth

h) Fear of spiders - HELP !

i) Having trouble telling the family

j) Should we have a leaving do

k) Container costs - how much ?

l) Shipping cars to Oz

m) Broadband advice needed

n) What time does the sunset in Oz ?

o) Perth / Brisbane drinking clubs

p) Hoons - which suburb to avoid ?

q) State v Private schools

r) Can I transfer to the Australian Police ?

s) Rent or Buy ?

t) Six months in, our thoughts

u) Where can I get to see the Marine v Barrow game ? Is it live on Foxtel ?

v) Another whinging pom thread

w) Exchange rate on the up

x) Property prices set to drop ?

y) Where do I go for my Police Checks ? If I have beheaded my next door neighbours, will they let me in ?

z) Oz TV is sh!te !!!

Many more I'm sure...

Yes, it's an informative site...perhaps the best of it's type but you do cringe when you see some of these appearing again and again and AGAIN !!!

Keep 'em coming.

Three Legs
I take it you have your visa which is why you feel you can sit back and take the piss out of people just starting out.

did you know all the answers to the above when you started out? if so why come on here in the first place?

This is an immigration forum what the hell kind of questions or threads are we supposed to start?
Old May 17th 2005, 3:05 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
This post has certainly got people talking! Obviously a 'sore' point for some people? Personally, I have no problem with any of the posts - I scan, read some, skip some. I LOVE IT ON HERE!!!!!!!!
and thats the way it should be
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by possoms
I take it you have your visa which is why you feel you can sit back and take the piss out of people just starting out.

did you know all the answers to the above when you started out? if so why come on here in the first place?

This is an immigration forum what the hell kind of questions or threads are we supposed to start?
These are excellent questions - yes, 3 legs, who died and made you God of the god damn forum!!
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
i left out the crude bits too

come on JTL, u know u want to
The worst bit is, I am going to have to go to bed soon too or I'll be asleep on the desk tomorrow! Hes lurking there, I bet, waiting for me to depart......
Old May 17th 2005, 3:07 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The worst bit is, I am going to have to go to bed soon too or I'll be asleep on the desk tomorrow! Hes lurking there, I bet, waiting for me to depart......
ha ha ha , nah, cos u can check in the morn he he , i bet hers sittin itchin
Old May 17th 2005, 3:08 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and in answer to the post above...

Please read the opening line "tongue in cheek".

Some people seem to be a little touchy over something, I can't think what.

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
These are excellent questions - yes, 3 legs, who died and made you God of the god damn forum!!
Old May 17th 2005, 3:09 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well said Possoms; if I ever gave Three Legs any useful info, I'd like to retract it and give him misleading garbage instead
Old May 17th 2005, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Me and in answer to the post above...

Please read the opening line "tongue in cheek".

Some people seem to be a little touchy over something, I can't think what.
Sorry, I put the smiley at the end to try and soften the tone. I didn't mean it to sound as bad it came across. I knew it was only tongue in cheek.

Hey, I'm big enough to say sorry!!
Old May 17th 2005, 3:11 am
Account Closed

I have in fact asked at least 5 of the questions on my "annoyance" list.

It's a bit of fun, nothing more nothing less. Please read the whole original post again.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well said Possoms; if I ever gave Three Legs any useful info, I'd like to retract it and give him misleading garbage instead
Old May 17th 2005, 3:13 am
Home and Happy

I think it was the fact you added
"perhaps the best of it's type but you do cringe when you see some of these appearing again and again and AGAIN !!!"
that got to us..........still its produced one of the fastest growing threads for a while!!! and got JTL into bed early too!!!!
Old May 17th 2005, 3:13 am
Account Closed

There seems to be plenty here all spoiling for a fight.

Ripe pickings for the "right" kind of troll I suspect.

Another thread another time maybe.
Old May 17th 2005, 3:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I have in fact asked at least 5 of the questions on my "annoyance" list.

It's a bit of fun, nothing more nothing less. Please read the whole original post again.
One you should have added was

"Have been lurking for 20 years but not brave enough to post but now could someone tell me how hot it gets in Australia" - JOKE!
Home and Happy

There seems to be plenty here all spoiling for a fight.

Ripe pickings for the "right" kind of troll I suspect.

Another thread another time maybe.
But none of the trolls came out to play tonight, shame, I'm in a wicked mood
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by soapy
if u had went on any longer you would have developed a tic lol
Had to stop..........finger cramp
Old May 17th 2005, 4:22 am
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Before I go on, this thread is a "little" tongue in cheek...

What type of post really twists your melons...

a) Can anyone tell me about the suburbs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxx ?

b) Exchanging money advice needed

c) How long before I contact my case officer ?

d) The Potatoe Peeler Memoires part XXVI

e) Anyone have any links to cheap airfare websites

f) Oz wages compared to the UK

g) Car hire companies in Perth

h) Fear of spiders - HELP !

i) Having trouble telling the family

j) Should we have a leaving do

k) Container costs - how much ?

l) Shipping cars to Oz

m) Broadband advice needed

n) What time does the sunset in Oz ?

o) Perth / Brisbane drinking clubs

p) Hoons - which suburb to avoid ?

q) State v Private schools

r) Can I transfer to the Australian Police ?

s) Rent or Buy ?

t) Six months in, our thoughts

u) Where can I get to see the Marine v Barrow game ? Is it live on Foxtel ?

v) Another whinging pom thread

w) Exchange rate on the up

x) Property prices set to drop ?

y) Where do I go for my Police Checks ? If I have beheaded my next door neighbours, will they let me in ?

z) Oz TV is sh!te !!!

Many more I'm sure...

Yes, it's an informative site...perhaps the best of it's type but you do cringe when you see some of these appearing again and again and AGAIN !!!

Keep 'em coming.

Three Legs
haven't posted on here for, I ooh can't remember how long. I actually do not mind posting to the above questions as I know what it feels like to go through the whole process which probably entails 90% of the above. (except 'The Potatoe Peeler Memoires part XXVI'?? - have not followed this thread!!)
Must admit though any advice I can offer is usually through pm. Don't feel the need to post about every dollar earnt/spent, or how good our jobs are- - no offence but we came out here for a different life to get away from the materalistic way of life where you don't have to worry about what car, house, how much they are worth, what salary you earn blah blah blah. Certainly don't feel the need to brag about it-(as some do) or that's how it reads.

Quite happy to browse now and again and have a little giggle!! Quite happy to offer advice which I do via pm (as I know how useful little tips are) but no longer feel the need to 'share the load'. 7 months here and we feel sorted!!

For anyone moving here - it's what you make it and if you make it feels good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.