Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Most annoying type of post...

Most annoying type of post...

Old May 17th 2005, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Most annoying type of post...

Before I go on, this thread is a "little" tongue in cheek...

What type of post really twists your melons...

a) Can anyone tell me about the suburbs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxx ?

b) Exchanging money advice needed

c) How long before I contact my case officer ?

d) The Potatoe Peeler Memoires part XXVI

e) Anyone have any links to cheap airfare websites

f) Oz wages compared to the UK

g) Car hire companies in Perth

h) Fear of spiders - HELP !

i) Having trouble telling the family

j) Should we have a leaving do

k) Container costs - how much ?

l) Shipping cars to Oz

m) Broadband advice needed

n) What time does the sunset in Oz ?

o) Perth / Brisbane drinking clubs

p) Hoons - which suburb to avoid ?

q) State v Private schools

r) Can I transfer to the Australian Police ?

s) Rent or Buy ?

t) Six months in, our thoughts

u) Where can I get to see the Marine v Barrow game ? Is it live on Foxtel ?

v) Another whinging pom thread

w) Exchange rate on the up

x) Property prices set to drop ?

y) Where do I go for my Police Checks ? If I have beheaded my next door neighbours, will they let me in ?

z) Oz TV is sh!te !!!

Many more I'm sure...

Yes, it's an informative site...perhaps the best of it's type but you do cringe when you see some of these appearing again and again and AGAIN !!!

Keep 'em coming.

Three Legs
Old May 17th 2005, 2:19 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most annoying type of post...

You've pretty much covered every question an expat has, so whats left to talk about?
Old May 17th 2005, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Before I go on, this thread is a "little" tongue in cheek...

What type of post really twists your melons...

a) Can anyone tell me about the suburbs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxx ?

e) Anyone have any links to cheap airfare websites

f) Oz wages compared to the UK

g) Car hire companies in Perth

h) Fear of spiders - HELP !

i) Having trouble telling the family

j) Should we have a leaving do

k) Container costs - how much ?

l) Shipping cars to Oz

m) Broadband advice needed

o) Perth / Brisbane drinking clubs

p) Hoons - which suburb to avoid ?

q) State v Private schools

r) Can I transfer to the Australian Police ?

s) Rent or Buy ?

u) Where can I get to see the Marine v Barrow game ? Is it live on Foxtel ?

v) Another whinging pom thread

w) Exchange rate on the up

y) Where do I go for my Police Checks ? If I have beheaded my next door neighbours, will they let me in ?

z) Oz TV is sh!te !!!

Many more I'm sure...

Yes, it's an informative site...perhaps the best of it's type but you do cringe when you see some of these appearing again and again and AGAIN !!!

Keep 'em coming.

Three Legs
.......so what do you want people to post????

Chris
Old May 17th 2005, 2:20 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

lol!

Most of the above!! :scared:

But then, I have been on the forum more than 2 years , and I am still on it heaps, so it can't be all bad

aa. Where have the trolls gone?

ab. We got it! (did one of those myself! )
Old May 17th 2005, 2:24 pm
Go Banana's !!

"Perth / Brisbane drinking clubs"

Not repeat threads, a way of meeting up with people, the Perth Girls provide a very useful service and will continue to do so in the name of friendship.

BTW it would cost a fortune to txt and phone 20 women.

Jill

Old May 17th 2005, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs

Three Legs
b)

d)

n)

t)

x)

and d) again

Sorry, I'm not a fan of people living their lives vicariously on a forum. Go blog somewhere.

Oh the thing that got on my nerves yesterday, Karma threads, where people go to exchange Karma, and then bang on about how much Karma they've got Glad to see it got shifted to the lounge.

JTL
Old May 17th 2005, 2:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

So what ARE we allowed to talk about?

Have to admit, with my "speciality" being police checks, there are times when i think, "oh not agaaaaain", but then I've been on the site for 2 years, abd the questions are usually asked by relatively new posters. We all strated somewhere, and I owe a lot to previous posters, which is why I keep passing on what knowledge I have.
Keep them police check questions coming!!!

Another thing we should remember is that many people finding the site for the first time are unfamiliar with forum use, and with the terms used in migration, hence a terse response of "use the search tool" is not very helpful. I know in some cases, like looking for particular suburbs, that is the way to go, but with actual visa questions you can search for hours and not find the answer - I know, I've done it, and thats when I KNOW the post is on here somewhere!!!

PS You're not invited to the Brissie Girls Drinking Club, so don't bother reading the threads

Last edited by Pollyana; May 17th 2005 at 2:28 pm.
Old May 17th 2005, 2:31 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
b)

d)

n)

t)

x)

and d) again

Sorry, I'm not a fan of people living their lives vicariously on a forum. Go blog somewhere.

Oh the thing that got on my nerves yesterday, Karma threads, where people go to exchange Karma, and then bang on about how much Karma they've got Glad to see it got shifted to the lounge.

JTL
Hello HMAN

No, at least you're honest about it......

Blogging might be a good idea for Jill actually(I'll have to show you sometime Jill, it's very easy really, and you can add pics very easily, etc), though I don't mind the threads on this forum at all. They're definetly on-topic(lifestyle/culture in Australia), and a lot of fun to read for a lot of people, and informative too.

Karma I agree with! But then, everyone goes off topic about 'nothing' once in a while(or more often), including you, Mr Threadkiller!
Old May 17th 2005, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
hence a terse response of "use the search tool" is not very helpful.
You've never had JAJ's great response of 'ring the council'

If we all did that,there would be no forum We'd all just bumble along, and figure things out ourselves after a few mistakes

JTL
Old May 17th 2005, 2:34 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

PS You're not invited to the Brissie Girls Drinking Club, so don't bother reading the threads
Polly, sometimes u really do make me lol
the perfect quote
Old May 17th 2005, 2:36 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You've never had JAJ's great response of 'ring the council'

If we all did that,there would be no forum We'd all just bumble along, and figure things out ourselves after a few mistakes

JTL
And THEN how would us sad people spend our nights.........!!!!
Congrats on your imminent 2,000th post by the way
Old May 17th 2005, 2:37 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by soapy
Polly, sometimes u really do make me lol
the perfect quote
Glad to be of service! If you are ever up this way you can be an honorary guest at a Drinking Night (if you think you can cope with the pace!!)
Old May 17th 2005, 2:41 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to be of service! If you are ever up this way you can be an honorary guest at a Drinking Night (if you think you can cope with the pace!!)
auch, i would drink u lot under the table while i strip on top of it lmao
Old May 17th 2005, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And THEN how would us sad people spend our nights.........!!!!
Congrats on your imminent 2,000th post by the way

I'm going to stop at 1999 just to annoy you

JTL
Old May 17th 2005, 2:42 pm
Master of verbal pish©

I'm going to stop at 1999 just to annoy you

JTL
no u wont

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.