Wikiposts

mossies

Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:23 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mossies

Vitamin B sounds like a good tip, thanks!

I'm same as you, I get eaten alive yet husband never gets touched, although he smokes so I wonder if that's why. Wait til he gives up!!!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1
Hi Kala

I got attacked one night and was bitten 13 times on me leg.. little bastards.

Bought me a Yard Guard, haven't been bitten since, get them at electrical shops and Bunnings, sort of electrical zappers....

Yes I agree, I'm the only Pom in my household, they seem to like my blood compared to the kids and the Wife. I bought a midsized Yardguard in desperation about 2 years ago. Takes a week before it clears the mossies and now..... well life is great again. You get used to the noise and smell of frying insects eventually, infact it becomes strangley comforting.

They clear about 1/3rd of an acre and definietly effective. Wish they had the same affect on flys.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Vitamin B sounds like a good tip, thanks!

I'm same as you, I get eaten alive yet husband never gets touched, although he smokes so I wonder if that's why. Wait til he gives up!!!
Vegemite mate, you'll be good (eat it don't wear it)
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:29 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Havn't been bitten by a midge yet. Maybe they don't like Aussie meat. Or I'm bloody lucky?
You've just not meet the right bird yet
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:29 am

What about garlic tablets, can they help?
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:30 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: mossies

Originally Posted by moneypen20
(eat it don't wear it)
Come on, you must of tried it..............just once perhaps!

R.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:32 am
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Yes I agree, I'm the only Pom in my household, they seem to like my blood compared to the kids and the Wife. I bought a midsized Yardguard in desperation about 2 years ago. Takes a week before it clears the mossies and now..... well life is great again. You get used to the noise and smell of frying insects eventually, infact it becomes strangley comforting.

They clear about 1/3rd of an acre and definietly effective. Wish they had the same affect on flys.

some friends of mine used to work in Taiwan and they had a hand-held mossie zapper - a bit like a table tennis bat.... it wasn't fantastically effective as it's so small, but provided hours of entertainment... especially when dive-bombed by a big moth... apparently they would sizzle and then dramatically burst into flames!!!

Do these zappers work for these horrible flying cockroaches I've heard about??
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:49 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

I have tried everything except Vitamin b I am allercic to B6 tho so will avoid the pills, so will try that and hope. Sorry but I;'l try the Marmite before you get me eating that Vegemite cack.

BridieJ I smoke and have drunk vast quantities of Jack Daniels to try and scare them off (in the name of science of course), neither of these work so it isn;t the cigarettes that stop the hubby getting bitten.

Thanks for all the top tips guys, I thing I am running out of options and may just have to live with them.

Kala
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:55 am
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice

Have just had chat with hubby now in Singapore airport en route home - with his midgie and mossie bites! According to his mother's naturopath (? - everyone should have one?!) vitamin B1 thiamin is the thing... but if you take it you must also take a vitamin B complex as apparently the 1 on its own does nasty things to your system.... although perhaps not quite so nasty as having your red cells all sucked out by rotten buzzzzzzzing flying biting little critters!!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think (doh!) after a few years, you become immune to them so not long to go Kala
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:03 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Marmite does work ...... it has vitamin B12 in it ........ but nobody will wanna kiss ya

Unfortunately for me I do get a terrible reaction to mossies, midges and anything else that bites it seems. I was told once that Citronella mixed into baby oil or grape oil is good ... I tried this when I went to spain one year and it did help but rubs off onto clothing .... could always try it in a lotion ?
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, can someone explain to me how it is that mossies can definitely not spread aids, I'd love to give a scientest this challenge. 1 small sealed room, about 10,000 mossies, 1 vial of aids infected blood. Oh and of course one expert scientest that proclaims that Aids cannot be spread in this manner.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:05 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: mossies

Originally Posted by sel
Marmite does work ...... it has vitamin B12 in it ........ but nobody will wanna kiss ya
There was a post on here the other day saying that its called 'Our Mate' in Oz.

R.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

You could consider changing your diet...eats lots of garlic and reduce the sugars you in take.

Chaval
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:13 am

Thing is I've been following the GI diet for the last 3 weeks and the recipes tend to have loads of garlic in, but has done no good.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.