British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Mosman mums (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/mosman-mums-643474/)

boboops Dec 5th 2009 6:31 am

Mosman mums

Hi there! Just moved to Mosman Sydney from Uk and don't know a soul! Would love to meet up with my two little beans (two girls aged 2 1/2 and 16mths)as I know I will go a little nutty soon!

carolinephillips Dec 5th 2009 8:27 pm

Re: Mosman mums

Welcome to Sydney! If I can help, let me know, been here 16 months, north shore.:thumbup: (Teenage daughter tho so can't help with playmates!)

boboops Dec 7th 2009 7:49 am

Thats very kind of you! How are you finding life over here? What made you move to Australia??

Wilgar Dec 8th 2009 10:30 am

We came for the sun and vegemite! Welcome and look out for FTC threads on here. An ever growing group of mums and and sometimes dads if they can be pinned down with children of varying ages meet up roughly on a monthly basis and more often in hols.You are more than welcome to join us.

carolinephillips Dec 8th 2009 7:11 pm

OH was fed up with the UK. We wanted a better life for DD. Despite it being much harder financially, it is the best move we have made, as she is thriving.

mark28 Jan 23rd 2010 10:39 am

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply but I seldom go on this site now, we moved over appx 18 months ago and have a number of expat friends locally (Manly, Seaforth and Fairlight) so not too far away from you.

Most of us have one or two young kids mixture of boys and girls up to age 4 ish.

We live in Seaforth ourselves so only over the spit from you.

Happy to meet up if you want ?, the guys all play football (5 a side) if your other half is interested as well ?

Derry Jan 24th 2010 6:21 am

Originally Posted by mark28 (Post 8274960)
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply but I seldom go on this site now, we moved over appx 18 months ago and have a number of expat friends locally (Manly, Seaforth and Fairlight) so not too far away from you.

Most of us have one or two young kids mixture of boys and girls up to age 4 ish.

We live in Seaforth ourselves so only over the spit from you.

Happy to meet up if you want ?, the guys all play football (5 a side) if your other half is interested as well ?

Hi,

I am moving over in the next 12 months with two small kids and would be very interested in meeting up with the group, hubby would love to play 5 aside, do you play weekly ?
plus what does FTC mean? excuse my ignorance

thanks

ShoppingJoJo Jan 24th 2010 6:30 am

Hiya,

I live in Mona Vale and had a 7 and 3 year old. Always up for coffee and a natter. Message me and maybe we can arrange.

Jo
xx

carolinephillips Jan 24th 2010 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Derry (Post 8276840)
Hi,

I am moving over in the next 12 months with two small kids and would be very interested in meeting up with the group, hubby would love to play 5 aside, do you play weekly ?
plus what does FTC mean? excuse my ignorance

thanks

FTC is first tuesday club- so named as it meets on the first tuesday of each month.

Derry Jan 28th 2010 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by carolinephillips (Post 8278038)
FTC is first tuesday club- so named as it meets on the first tuesday of each month.

Great thnks will look out for it when I arrive

Wilgar Jan 28th 2010 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by carolinephillips (Post 8278038)

Are you joining us On Tues?

carolinephillips Jan 29th 2010 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Wilgar (Post 8291989)
Are you joining us On Tues?

Me? Yes, as DD goes back to school on Monday, so the house will be cleaned then and I can have a social life!!

mrs wigan warrior Jan 29th 2010 2:22 am

Hi and welcome to sydney we moved over in november so just getting in the swing off things. I live in waitara but would always be happy to meet up for a coffee i have a 7 year old daughter.

hettie Jan 29th 2010 6:10 am

Originally Posted by mrs wigan warrior (Post 8292245)
Hi and welcome to sydney we moved over in november so just getting in the swing off things. I live in waitara but would always be happy to meet up for a coffee i have a 7 year old daughter.

Hi mrs wigan warrior,does this name mean you are from Wigan,its just that im from Wigan and while living in Sydney i havent met anybody from around there as yet?:)

Sushimania Oct 11th 2010 1:50 am

Hi, Do you still get together for mums in this general area? I have two girls (almost 8 & 2). I would love to meet up. My family and I arrived about 3 weeks ago.