Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mortgages while on 457 visas

mortgages while on 457 visas

Old Feb 10th 2006, 9:45 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default mortgages while on 457 visas

Hi

We are trying to buy a house, but as we dont have much of a deposit we are having problems getting a mortgage on 457 visas. We would need 100% mortgage and have been told commonwealth bank do them, but only for PR's.

It will take us forever to save up 5% plus $15,000 in stampduty, has anyone had experience with this??
Laura
Old Feb 10th 2006, 9:54 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default Re: mortgages while on 457 visas

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hi

We are trying to buy a house, but as we dont have much of a deposit we are having problems getting a mortgage on 457 visas. We would need 100% mortgage and have been told commonwealth bank do them, but only for PR's.

It will take us forever to save up 5% plus $15,000 in stampduty, has anyone had experience with this??
Laura

www.wizard.com.au wll give you up to 105% even on a 457 as long as your visa is over 2 years

you will still need to get goverment approval to buy on your 457 tho
Old Feb 10th 2006, 9:58 am

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cam_uk
www.wizard.com.au wll give you up to 105% even on a 457 as long as your visa is over 2 years

you will still need to get goverment approval to buy on your 457 tho

thanks I'll check that out. Yea I have the FIRB forms and will tie that into my contract, but need the dosh, i'll check them out and see......but we have only been here for a year and 1 week so far

Any other ideas welcome.... i need to explore all avenues!

Laura
x
Old Feb 10th 2006, 10:01 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

thanks I'll check that out. Yea I have the FIRB forms and will tie that into my contract, but need the dosh, i'll check them out and see......but we have only been here for a year and 1 week so far

Any other ideas welcome.... i need to explore all avenues!

Laura
x
i meant two years left on your visa
Old Feb 10th 2006, 10:03 am

Just checked out wizard and will lend 100% but need to be PR - its not fair
Old Feb 10th 2006, 10:04 am

i meant two years left on your visa

How did you find this out, as on website says you need to be PR to apply?

Laura
Old Feb 10th 2006, 10:15 am
birmingham to brisbane

How did you find this out, as on website says you need to be PR to apply?

Laura

I phoned them and they said they could help ... we decided against it for now but the person i spoke to assured me they COULD help
Old Feb 10th 2006, 10:18 am

I phoned them and they said they could help ... we decided against it for now but the person i spoke to assured me they COULD help

I will call them then - I also found this - www.depositpower.com.au just incase anyone else in same boat as us. I dont really understand it but I might be able to use both and work something out - Ill call them tomorrow...

Thanks

Laura
x
Old Feb 10th 2006, 11:57 pm

Called Wizard and women is calling me back at 12 today, just checked tho and interest rate for the 105% home loan is 8.94 and you are tied in for 5 years.....need to decide how much I really want this house or shoud I just lose it and wait
Old Feb 11th 2006, 3:35 am
birmingham to brisbane

Called Wizard and women is calling me back at 12 today, just checked tho and interest rate for the 105% home loan is 8.94 and you are tied in for 5 years.....need to decide how much I really want this house or shoud I just lose it and wait
the interest rate is one of the things that put us off .. plus the fact that we can rent a much nicer house than we could addord to buy and still save for a deposit ..
Old Feb 11th 2006, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

easygroove is on a distinguished road

the interest rate is one of the things that put us off .. plus the fact that we can rent a much nicer house than we could addord to buy and still save for a deposit ..
We're in a similar situation. My conclusion was to go for PR first! Don't want to be stitced up by a lender with high rates and tied in.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:12 am

After speaking to Wizard, they said that their policy was PR and 2 years employment, so that you must of been wrongly advised. I also looked at the interest rates and where 8.94!!! So decided to let the house go, as much as it kills me and just wait for our PR to come....... at least then we have time to save more of a deposit and can get home buyers grant to top it up......

Laura