Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mortgages and car loans

Mortgages and car loans

Old Sep 27th 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all
Default Mortgages and car loans

I am just thinking ahead and was wondering how difficult it will be to obtain a mortgage. I will be working and my wife might work part-time. We will be bringing down payment money with us from the UK. But with my credit history in Australia, I wasn't sure how hard it would be to get a mortgage.

I also was wondering the same about car loans. At this point I doubt I would need one but thought I might gather the information just in case. My wife isn't keen on selling our UK home until we know for sure that Australia is definitely right for our family.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mortgages and car loans

I have never found it to be difficult. Just as long as you can provide evidence of your income.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 8:42 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Satch_Boogie
But with my credit history in Australia, I wasn't sure how hard it would be to get a mortgage.
Hopefully you don't have a credit history in Australia.

Credit is done differently here, so, as long as you don't have a credit history, you will be treated as a "clean credit risk".

Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all

Sorry, I mistyped about credit history. I do not have one there. I should learn not to use the computer whilst the children are on my lap.