Reload this Page >

mortgages in australia

mortgages in australia

Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

molesey will become famous soon enough
Default mortgages in australia

Hi all,
Does anyone know how long you have to of been living in australia before you can apply for a mortgage,
I hope some one can answer my question,
Thanks,
Molesey
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Smile Re: mortgages in australia

Hi

I believe you have to be in permanent employment and have minimum 20% deposit.
I'm sure someone will come along and confirm though.

Cheers

AnitaB
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Default Re: mortgages in australia

Originally Posted by AnitaB
Hi

I believe you have to be in permanent employment and have minimum 20% deposit.
I'm sure someone will come along and confirm though.

Cheers

AnitaB

I think it's 12 wage slips plus deposit
Lynn
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:18 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: mortgages in australia

Minimum deposit can be as low as 5% if you find the right lender.

That's all I had for my first mortgage - and it came straight from the $7,000 government grant, so I hardly needed any cash of my own.

But you will need a minimum deposit of 20% if you wish to avoid paying mortage insurance.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Minimum deposit can be as low as 5% if you find the right lender.

That's all I had for my first mortgage - and it came straight from the $7,000 government grant, so I hardly needed any cash of my own.

But you will need a minimum deposit of 20% if you wish to avoid paying mortage insurance.
Similar to the UK, you will need 5% deposit ( some banks will give you 100% mortgage ) you will also need 4% roughly for stamp duty and about $600 to cover conveyancing.
The above post is correct, if you go above 80% loan you will have to pay a one off mortgage insurance.
I am currently going through the process at the moment. You will need at least 2 payslips and most probably a letter from your employer stating you employment status.

Hope this helps
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:43 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by molesey
Hi all,
Does anyone know how long you have to of been living in australia before you can apply for a mortgage,
I hope some one can answer my question,
Thanks,
Molesey
I came over as a temporary resident.
3 weeks it took for a large mortgage with 20% deposit and a letter from my new boss.

Andrew
Old Oct 6th 2005, 11:00 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: mortgages in australia

BTW, stamp duty will be abolished in South Australia as of next year.

Other states are expected to follow suit.