Mortgage info

Old May 3rd 2005, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light
Default Mortgage info

Hey guys. I have a quick morgage question.

When we move to Oz, and assuming we both had jobs, how soon would it be possible to get a mortgage on a property? Is it a case of building up a credit rating? if so, what is the best way to get a credit scoring. I would have said get a credit card. Are the credit card companies so forthgiving in Oz as they are in the UK?

Can you buy a house even though you only have a work visa?

Thanks folks
Old May 3rd 2005, 10:30 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mortgage info

Originally Posted by Australia Bound

When we move to Oz, and assuming we both had jobs, how soon would it be possible to get a mortgage on a property? Is it a case of building up a credit rating? if so, what is the best way to get a credit scoring. I would have said get a credit card. Are the credit card companies so forthgiving in Oz as they are in the UK?

Thanks folks
http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...d.php?t=300637
YES.
I had credit card waiting for me on arrival at Oz even though on a 457/temp 3-yr working visa

Andrew
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light

I bloody searched the old threads and never saw that. Sorry folks i know it's a pain in the arse when old topics get covered over and over.

Thanks Andrew for bringing that to my attention.
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:31 pm

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Australia Bound

Thanks folks
I'm just in the throws of sorting a mortgage out, although I'm here on a spouse visa my wife is a citizen, however most of the ones we've tried they want to see that you have job and can produce 6 months worth of payslips...............I had an experience with Aussie home loans I wouldn't reccomend them at all !!

Credit card no problems just keep a reasonable limit on it, if you go to high the lenders ask you to reduce it, but if you pitch in around 10,000 dolar limit that'll be fine.

Just make sure you have lots of information to give to them the more info from UK the better it just makes them feel more comfortable with you. the system here is very user friendly far more so than UK and don't forget you're a first time buyer in Australia so you get $7,000 to help pay for solicitors etc from the government and here in NSW there's no stamp duty on property under $500,000.
Old May 4th 2005, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Nik Silsby at Loans Cafe [email protected] he will help you. (No charge obviously)
Old May 6th 2005, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks folks.