Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mortgage holidays

mortgage holidays

Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default mortgage holidays

Have been reading on BE recently about people taking mortgage holidays for about 6 months mainly those that want to go to Oz before they sell.

I don't think I'd be so brave but wondered what mortgage holidays are exactly and how they work, do you pay the missed payments back when you pay the mortgage back? or does it go on your payments inceasing them when you do start paying them again?

Thanks
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:55 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mortgage holidays

Originally Posted by marvinc
Have been reading on BE recently about people taking mortgage holidays for about 6 months mainly those that want to go to Oz before they sell.

I don't think I'd be so brave but wondered what mortgage holidays are exactly and how they work, do you pay the missed payments back when you pay the mortgage back? or does it go on your payments inceasing them when you do start paying them again?

Thanks
It depends on your mortgage. Of course the payments you 'miss' will be repaid in the long run anyway - tacked on to the end so instead of 25 years, you get 25 years plus X months. We used to have a loan where we could miss up to 3 months per year.