Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mortgage + casual work

mortgage + casual work

Old Mar 16th 2005, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of
Question mortgage + casual work

Can you get a mortgage if you both do 'casual' work (just looking at our job options). Has anyone done this or have any info about it. Thanks.
Rachel
Old Mar 16th 2005, 8:42 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: mortgage + casual work

Originally Posted by RReed
Can you get a mortgage if you both do 'casual' work (just looking at our job options). Has anyone done this or have any info about it. Thanks.
Rachel
Hubby is casual and I've got a contract, so in a sense casual too. We got a mortgage no problem as apparently these circumstances are normal out here.

Nearly eveyone I've spoken to works like this hence "low" *cough* unemployment figures

Good luck!

Old Mar 16th 2005, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Hubby is casual and I've got a contract, so in a sense casual too. We got a mortgage no problem as apparently these circumstances are normal out here.

Nearly eveyone I've spoken to works like this hence "low" *cough* unemployment figures

Good luck!
Thanks Phoenixuk2oz, Did you have to have 3 months pay slips? Did you use a mortgage broker?
Rachel
Old Mar 16th 2005, 11:59 pm
Banned

Fuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant future

This is something I was wondering about. I am currently employed in a permanent full time position but am unhappy with my pay and conditions, I could earn more as a casual and get a better deal all around.
The only reason I have stuck with the job for the last 4 Months is in preparation for a mortgage application, I thought it would be impossible to get a mortgage as a casual employee, is this right or have people done it?
Old Mar 17th 2005, 12:35 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by RReed
Thanks Phoenixuk2oz, Did you have to have 3 months pay slips? Did you use a mortgage broker?
Rachel
Hi Rachel

yes, hubby provided 3 months wage slips and I provided a bank statement [I don't get a wage slip ] and yes we also used a mortgage broker as we found they did all the running around [we were working and too busy having a lovely life ]

A word of caution though with regards to the broker; challenge him/her to make sure you get the right mortgage package to suit your individual needs. As with human nature, sometimes they take the easy option and offer known packages so don't look for other options that might be more suitable

Good luck...and BTW....house buying here is a pleasure compared to UK

Old Mar 17th 2005, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Hi Rachel

yes, hubby provided 3 months wage slips and I provided a bank statement [I don't get a wage slip ] and yes we also used a mortgage broker as we found they did all the running around [we were working and too busy having a lovely life ]

A word of caution though with regards to the broker; challenge him/her to make sure you get the right mortgage package to suit your individual needs. As with human nature, sometimes they take the easy option and offer known packages so don't look for other options that might be more suitable

Good luck...and BTW....house buying here is a pleasure compared to UK

How much do you usually pay in fees for a mortgage broker ?
Old Mar 17th 2005, 10:37 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by jwinch
How much do you usually pay in fees for a mortgage broker ?
If my memory serves me right...we paid.......nothing

He was offered to us by the Real Estate i.e paid by them and given to us as a service

I have to say, the cynic in me says both the above probably receive payment from the lender...hence my comment on you tasking the broker with finding a package that suits you best

Nepotism is rife out here. Probably all related