Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mortgage for Aussie property

Mortgage for Aussie property

Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Location: ex-Lancashire, ex-Northern suburbs, Perth WA, now Switzerland
cyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura about
Default Mortgage for Aussie property

Does anyone know if any of the Australian banks will provide a mortgage to me, even though I am not currently living in Aus? I'm an Aussie citizen, have been living elsewhere for less than a year and am planning to return to Aus next year. I'm trying to figure a way to get back into the property market before prices go up another 20%!
Old Aug 7th 2006, 12:16 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Mortgage for Aussie property

Originally Posted by cyclemark
Does anyone know if any of the Australian banks will provide a mortgage to me, even though I am not currently living in Aus? I'm an Aussie citizen, have been living elsewhere for less than a year and am planning to return to Aus next year. I'm trying to figure a way to get back into the property market before prices go up another 20%!
They should do - I have done exactly that and had no problems, apart from having to find a hefty deposit (30%) in order to avoid hefty insurance charges. I went with the National in the end, but would have had no problems with any other lender. You just have to show proof of employment / income etc.

Good luck
Old Aug 7th 2006, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Location: ex-Lancashire, ex-Northern suburbs, Perth WA, now Switzerland
cyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Mortgage for Aussie property

Originally Posted by ridds
They should do - I have done exactly that and had no problems, apart from having to find a hefty deposit (30%) in order to avoid hefty insurance charges. I went with the National in the end, but would have had no problems with any other lender. You just have to show proof of employment / income etc.

Good luck
Thanks for this.
I also found this with ANZ