Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mortgage advisor jobs in australia

mortgage advisor jobs in australia

Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default mortgage advisor jobs in australia

Hi

I am currently employed as a mortgage advisor in England and will probably want to do the same when I get to aus, are such posistions readily available and what sort of salary would I expect?

thanks

Laura
Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:21 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mortgage advisor jobs in australia

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hi

I am currently employed as a mortgage advisor in England and will probably want to do the same when I get to aus, are such posistions readily available and what sort of salary would I expect?

thanks

Laura
What part of OZ are you heading to ?

here in perth there are a lot of mortgage advisors but most seem to be independantly employed. Also dont see many of these jobs advertised in the press.

Also bear in mind australian mortgage is a subtly different from UK so you may have to do a short "upgrade" course, just to prove you know your stuff.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll sort something out when you get here.

PS. noticed you are a bit of a newbie, so wanted to say welcome to the forum !
Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
What part of OZ are you heading to ?

here in perth there are a lot of mortgage advisors but most seem to be independantly employed. Also dont see many of these jobs advertised in the press.

Also bear in mind australian mortgage is a subtly different from UK so you may have to do a short "upgrade" course, just to prove you know your stuff.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll sort something out when you get here.

PS. noticed you are a bit of a newbie, so wanted to say welcome to the forum !
Thanks for that, I think I will need to do some kind of course would make sense. I guess I'm looking for a little reasurrance that I work is available.

With regard to location, well thats a tricky one. I was born in Sydney and emigrated to England when I was 9 but I dont think I fancy sydney. My husband and I are looking mostly as Melbourne or Brisbane as we have friends in both places. We plan to do a bit of traveling when we get to Aus and decide then. Is that a really dumb idea?

Thanks Laura
Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:09 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, I think I will need to do some kind of course would make sense. I guess I'm looking for a little reasurrance that I work is available.

With regard to location, well thats a tricky one. I was born in Sydney and emigrated to England when I was 9 but I dont think I fancy sydney. My husband and I are looking mostly as Melbourne or Brisbane as we have friends in both places. We plan to do a bit of traveling when we get to Aus and decide then. Is that a really dumb idea?

Thanks Laura
As long as you have the funds its a very sensible idea.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:15 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Thanks Laura

G'day Laura and welcome to the forum.

Your idea of travelling before deciding where to settle sounds sensible to me!

As for the mortgage advisor work, most lenders in Australia now have 'mobile lenders' working for them. These are mortgage advisors who travel around to people's homes to advise and sign up applications for mortgages. These jobs crop up relatively frequently and, like anything, can provide a great income if you're prepared to put in the hours and are any good at it! They usually provide a base salary and commission on top. Suggest you check out www.seek.com.au for job ads.

Good luck with your application.

Cheers,
PR

Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
As long as you have the funds its a very sensible idea.
now you have me worried, how much funds should I have???? My husband and I dont expect to buy right away we are happy to rent and should have £9000 by the time we leave, is that enough or stupidly unrealistic.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ProofReader

G'day Laura and welcome to the forum.

Your idea of travelling before deciding where to settle sounds sensible to me!

As for the mortgage advisor work, most lenders in Australia now have 'mobile lenders' working for them. These are mortgage advisors who travel around to people's homes to advise and sign up applications for mortgages. These jobs crop up relatively frequently and, like anything, can provide a great income if you're prepared to put in the hours and are any good at it! They usually provide a base salary and commission on top. Suggest you check out www.seek.com.au for job ads.

Good luck with your application.

Cheers,
PR

thanks very much for this, you guys on this forum are really really helpful, cant believe I have not found this earlier.