Mortgage

Old Oct 27th 2005, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Paular will become famous soon enoughPaular will become famous soon enough
Default Mortgage

When applying for a mortgage and it asks you to for the credit limit on your credit cards do you have to list your uk credit card limit or is it just australian ones.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 2:59 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mortgage

It's a good question - doesn't specify on the application form I guess?

Be aware that the point of the question is to assess your potential total debt, and the sum of your credit card limits will be deducted from your borrowing capacity by the lender. But it's not worth trying to cover up anything in my opinion, as if they found out you failed to disclose material facts, you could end having big problems.

I didn't need to borrow up to the limit and closed down my highest-limit UK cards to make sure I didn't run into any problems with this.

Elaine M