Reload this Page >

Mortgage on a 175?

Mortgage on a 175?

Old Sep 15th 2011, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

koolkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mortgage on a 175?

Hi all

I have a 175 visa and thinking of moving to oz.

Once I get a job, can I get a mortgage there, to buy a flat? I dont want to rent for long.

I am a first time buyer. I never bought property in UK so any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited by koolkat; Sep 15th 2011 at 8:26 am.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mortgage on a 175?

I think this is a little bit of an unanswerable question, as there is more to getting a mortgage than visa type. You would need a deposit, sufficient income and might need to build up some Australian credit history too.

I think renting makes loads of sense, so don't beat yourself up about it if you have to do that, as you have never been a home owner before then it won't be much of an adjustment to make.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 3:33 am
Just Joined

Migrant8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
There is no problem of getting a mortgage on 175. You have to prove your income and 10%(Minimum) Savings. If u have a good banking history lending bank may consider that.

But I personally know some people got home loans without any of those. So Its between bank and you. If they can trust you they will lend.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

koolkat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Migrant8
Hi,
There is no problem of getting a mortgage on 175. You have to prove your income and 10%(Minimum) Savings. If u have a good banking history lending bank may consider that.

But I personally know some people got home loans without any of those. So Its between bank and you. If they can trust you they will lend.
Hey thanks a lot for that. Do you know if they would check my uk bank history, or just australian? Even though I havent got one any more!?

Also how much do you think I could borrow if say i was earning $80-$90k with a 10% payment.

Cheers for any help
Old Sep 16th 2011, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by koolkat
Hey thanks a lot for that. Do you know if they would check my uk bank history, or just australian? Even though I havent got one any more!?

Also how much do you think I could borrow if say i was earning $80-$90k with a 10% payment.

Cheers for any help
No they wouldn't check anything in the UK.

I rent here and don't know what the lending to income ratio is here. But in Sydney I would guess that wouldn't be enough to get anything other than a dump out west. House prices are crazy.