Mortage advice

Old Dec 5th 2006, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mortage advice

Hi all
Right then from reading previous threads I will have to be VERY careful about what I say.
First and foremost I am not leaving any debt in the uk when I eventualy get my visa, I dont have any credit cards or hire purchase agreements, everyone with me so far?
However I have a really bad credit history, a few county court judgements that I WILL be clearing before I go, however I am wondering whether this bad history will effect my ability to get a mortgage in oz. I am not running from debt but in the uk I cant get a mortgage or a loan or a car or a credit card because of previous errors. I dont want to take out a million dollar mortgage just a nice AFFORDABLE one, but will I be able to??????????

Dont want lectures about what a bad person I am I just made financial errors that I am now suffering for, will not make the same mistakes twice.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:07 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mortage advice

Originally Posted by Clan Fortune
Hi all
Right then from reading previous threads I will have to be VERY careful about what I say.
First and foremost I am not leaving any debt in the uk when I eventualy get my visa, I dont have any credit cards or hire purchase agreements, everyone with me so far?
However I have a really bad credit history, a few county court judgements that I WILL be clearing before I go, however I am wondering whether this bad history will effect my ability to get a mortgage in oz. I am not running from debt but in the uk I cant get a mortgage or a loan or a car or a credit card because of previous errors. I dont want to take out a million dollar mortgage just a nice AFFORDABLE one, but will I be able to??????????

Dont want lectures about what a bad person I am I just made financial errors that I am now suffering for, will not make the same mistakes twice.
Not sure really as we hadn't had any problems in the past.

Would suggest you pay the couple of quid to whoever does the main credit checking in the UK to see what they have you marked as now. They have to show you if you pay up. They may now have you as good despite your past problems.

Even if you are squeaky clean in Aus we got our mortgage with our bank here after 6 months and as we were still on probation in Aus had to put $13,000 bond down to guarantee payments for first year. May pay you to rent a while till you have jobs out of probation if you need to work.

Lastly credit rating here works different... where in UK they work off how much credit you have had etc. and your good payments/debts work in your favour, here they do it all mainly on your bad debts. Have seen several programmes on TV Watchdog type things where people have been good payers of 99% of things but get stopped from getting loan because they didn't pay a $20 phone bill etc..
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:42 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clan Fortune
Hi all

You can check your uk credit rating here.
Then at least you know what it currently says about you

Tiggs
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:55 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The mortgage people will tell you it doesn't matter, but when we applied for a mortgage, they wanted to see copies of our Canadian mortgage discharge papers showing it had been paid out in full. They also asked if we had any other debts (anywhere) and if we had ever declared bankruptcy.
I think if you are as honest as possible with them, then you should be ok. It's if you are deliberately deceitful that you run into trouble.