Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mornington / Mt Eliza VIC - too quiet?

Mornington / Mt Eliza VIC - too quiet?

Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

SamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to all
Default Mornington / Mt Eliza VIC - too quiet?

Howdy doody.

Looking for some opinions from the Melbourne contingent if poss.

We live Bayside and love it but with 2 toddlers we need more space. Would love a proper big garden with room for a trampoline, pool etc. We holiday down the Peninsula and have always liked the look of Mornington and Mt Eliza but don't know anyone that actually lives there.

Anyone living in that area that is currently commuting to Melbourne CBD by car? Has the new road helped or is still taking around 90mins? Does the lifestyle outweigh the commuting hassle? Also, anyone finding it just too quiet?

Cheers
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all
Default Re: Mornington / Mt Eliza VIC - too quiet?

hi

been down here since arriving nearly 3 years ago and love it

wouldnt live anywhere else

i travel up to the city every day and get there around the hour mark , but i do leave at 5.45am so miss the traffic ( im a tradie )

for me the new road only makes a difference coming home , but it does make a difference and knocks off 20 - 30 minutes which is nice

with regards to it being quite i have never understood this as you can live your life anyway you like it anywhere you are ........ plenty to do down here
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

SamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to all

Cheers Steve, good to hear
Old Feb 1st 2013, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Mount Martha and my husband has commuted to Preston for over 4 years now... it takes him an hour going (for 6am start) and an hour and quarter back after 2.30pm finish. It is a long drive but he tolerates it because we live in a gorgeous spot and he can drop the boat in 10 mins away!