Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Morningside Medical Centre - Medicals

Morningside Medical Centre - Medicals

Old Jul 7th 2006, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future
Default Morningside Medical Centre - Medicals

Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd stick this post in for those worried about meds. I went for mine today at Morningside Medical Centre in Edinburgh (I'm front loading at the request of my migration agent) and I was VERY impressed with them.
I had read numerous excellent reviews of them and that's why I decided to go there in the first place. I actually live in Glasgow, but after all the negative stories about there I decided to go through to Edinburgh for the day. Anyway, the medicals there were carried out in a very professional manner and the staff were all lovely. I had Dr Uttley carrying out my meds and he was very thorough and approachable. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the area. The total costs were £155 as I had to get two extra blood tests because I have a tattoo. The whole process took around 40 minutes and the Dr didn't make me feel uncomfy at all and went to great lengths to allow me privacy etc to get changed. No horror stories at all, lovely place, great staff and brilliant service.
Tracy
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Morningside Medical Centre - Medicals

Originally Posted by karmagirls
Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd stick this post in for those worried about meds. I went for mine today at Morningside Medical Centre in Edinburgh (I'm front loading at the request of my migration agent) and I was VERY impressed with them.
I had read numerous excellent reviews of them and that's why I decided to go there in the first place. I actually live in Glasgow, but after all the negative stories about there I decided to go through to Edinburgh for the day. Anyway, the medicals there were carried out in a very professional manner and the staff were all lovely. I had Dr Uttley carrying out my meds and he was very thorough and approachable. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the area. The total costs were £155 as I had to get two extra blood tests because I have a tattoo. The whole process took around 40 minutes and the Dr didn't make me feel uncomfy at all and went to great lengths to allow me privacy etc to get changed. No horror stories at all, lovely place, great staff and brilliant service.
Tracy
I used the same centre over two years ago and found them exactly as you've described.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

sunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant future

Hi everyone,
Tracy

Just wondering if you had to travel thru to Edinburgh twice. we also live in Glasgow and booked our medicals at Morningside today, but when we tried to arrange xrays for the same day, they said it isnt normally done on the same day as medicals??? Any advice appreciated,
Claire
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sunshine dreamer
Just wondering if you had to travel thru to Edinburgh twice. we also live in Glasgow and booked our medicals at Morningside today, but when we tried to arrange xrays for the same day, they said it isnt normally done on the same day as medicals??? Any advice appreciated,
Claire
Hiya,
I actually got my meds done at the Nuffield in Glasgow the day before. This made it easier. The Nuffield is really quick as well so you should try booking there for the day before the meds in Edinburgh. Then you just take them with you. Hope that helps,
Tracy
Old Aug 9th 2006, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant future

Hiya,
I actually got my meds done at the Nuffield in Glasgow the day before. This made it easier. The Nuffield is really quick as well so you should try booking there for the day before the meds in Edinburgh. Then you just take them with you. Hope that helps,
Tracy
Thats brilliant, that saves us 2 trips thru to Edinburgh.
Thanks for the info.
Claire