Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Morgages on the SIR provisional visa

Morgages on the SIR provisional visa

Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Simpson Clan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Morgages on the SIR provisional visa

I have read in a previous thread that it can be difficult to get a credit card on an SIR provisional visa. Can anyone tell me how easy or hard it is to get a mortgage on the same visa. We will have some capital and won't require a 100% mortgage but will definitely need a top-up.

Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Morgages on the SIR provisional visa

Originally Posted by Simpson Clan
I have read in a previous thread that it can be difficult to get a credit card on an SIR provisional visa. Can anyone tell me how easy or hard it is to get a mortgage on the same visa. We will have some capital and won't require a 100% mortgage but will definitely need a top-up.

Thanks
Hello Simpsons, Just bought a house while on SIR and move in on Sunday. Needed 20% of total cost of mortgage and credit card was easy. Opened acc with ANZ from Scotland and took contents insurance with them when we bought furnishings over here for rental. Because we banked with them it didn't seem a problem to get ANZ visa card. Tried not to use it too much as only wanted to build credit rating. RE: Mortgage. Contact Aussie or other mortgage dealer. No cost as bank pays them for getting them custom. They will talk you through any queries you have. I think the 20% is necessary but wasn't an issue to us as we had that amount. Total costs in securing the mortgage was around $6000 for paying lawyer, bank searches, building inspector and pest inspector. This is aside from the 20%. The SIR didn't seem an obstacle as long as there was a suitable deposit. Nearly forgot. You need to be employed on a permenent basis for 3 mths or permanent casual for 6mths. Hope this helps. PM me if you need any more info.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

hi frank
if you dont mind me asking can you get the $7k for first time buyers on the SIR
many thanks and good luck tomorrow
denise
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:54 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Latona
hi frank
denise
No, but if you become a PR within a certain period of time you may be able to submit a later claim for it. http://www.firsthome.gov.au
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Latona
hi frank
denise
There you go Denise. JAJ to the rescue. Actually brought it forward and moved today. Its brill. Thanks Denise
Old Jan 26th 2007, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

thanks for the info JAJ will look into that .
and congrats to frank and family must feel great ,one more step
denise