British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Moreton Island (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/moreton-island-759228/)

PamK May 23rd 2012 3:35 am

Moreton Island

Hi There,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good one day Moreton Island tour please?

Looked online and quite a few offering different things came up and would prefer a recommendation....Cheeeeeeeeers!

themerlin May 23rd 2012 6:05 am

Re: Moreton Island

Tour or trip over to the resort.
I went camping over at the wrecks Saturday night,good trip except for when my daughter stepped on a death adder.

Originally Posted by PamK (Post 10076869)
Hi There,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good one day Moreton Island tour please?

Looked online and quite a few offering different things came up and would prefer a recommendation....Cheeeeeeeeers!

moneypenny20 May 23rd 2012 9:41 am

Originally Posted by themerlin (Post 10076997)
I went camping over at the wrecks Saturday night,good trip except for when my daughter stepped on a death adder.

:eek: I'm assuming she's fine but you were all freaked ever so slightly???

PamK May 24th 2012 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by themerlin (Post 10076997)

Oh no re: your daughter....I hope she is okay!!

I was after a recommendation for a tour? Not necessarily to the resort, unless all tours go to the resort? Sounds like you went over without a trip? Anyway, if you do know of any good tours, would love to hear about them. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers......

themerlin May 26th 2012 7:31 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 10077265)
:eek: I'm assuming she's fine but you were all freaked ever so slightly???

Yes she was fine but I had brown underpants after!

themerlin May 26th 2012 7:33 am

We go over on the boat. You can always hire a 4wd and get the ferry over, tours do go from the resort, I dont think you can get them from the main land.

Originally Posted by PamK (Post 10080441)
Oh no re: your daughter....I hope she is okay!!

I was after a recommendation for a tour? Not necessarily to the resort, unless all tours go to the resort? Sounds like you went over without a trip? Anyway, if you do know of any good tours, would love to hear about them. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers......

fish.01 May 26th 2012 9:27 am

Originally Posted by themerlin (Post 10083025)
We go over on the boat. You can always hire a 4wd and get the ferry over, tours do go from the resort, I dont think you can get them from the main land.

Quite a few of the tours are priced ex-brisbane....don't know which tours are good though...