More tax rises

Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

chippie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More tax rises

One more reason why i want to emigrate kids hardly stand a chance.
It is estimated that we already give 46p in the pound to the government the form of direct taxation ,such as income tax and national insurance,and indirect taxes, such as fuel duty and V.A.T.
Reading the national papers economists reckon that a black hole in our economy will need addressing with tax rises equivalent to another 6p in the pound.
That will take my contribution to the Government to a staggering 52p out of every pound i earn.
The thought of even more tax rises after the next election to fnd more vote -winning ,politically correct lunacy makes my flesh creep.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More tax rises

Originally posted by chippie
It is estimated that we already give 46p in the pound to the government the form of direct taxation ,such as income tax and national insurance,and indirect taxes, such as fuel duty and V.A.T.
Reading the national papers economists reckon that a black hole in our economy will need addressing with tax rises equivalent to another 6p in the pound.
That will take my contribution to the Government to a staggering 52p out of every pound i earn.
The thought of even more tax rises after the next election to fnd more vote -winning ,politically correct lunacy makes my flesh creep.

I dont mean to appear rude but before writing stuff like this would it pay to check out australias tax rates :scared: and indirect taxes You could not possibly have written the above if you had. Cheers
Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And there seem to be more indirect taxes here, as there is so much licencing and forms filling; compliance plates for every alteration on a vehicle, dog licences, licences if you are renovating a house yourself, it goes on....I'm told Queensland is the worst:scared:
Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:29 pm
kong

God that has made me laugh. Check out the Aus tax rates on their low (compared to Uk)wages. There is bugger all tax in oz on petrol, but they make up for it on wages/home buying/fags etc.

All aboard the pommie dreamland express. TOOT TOOT

Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

philip&claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kong
God that has made me laugh. Check out the Aus tax rates on their low (compared to Uk)wages. There is bugger all tax in oz on petrol, but they make up for it on wages/home buying/fags etc.

All aboard the pommie dreamland express. TOOT TOOT
Is it that bad in oz ???lol

philip&claire
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:03 pm
kong

Originally posted by philip&claire

philip&claire
Yeah, poms arrive and look at he 80 cents a litre at Caltex and gasp. When they earn the rubber dollar another gasp is heard... the income tax skank.

Aus taxes more than the UK, I know that is hard to comprehend when you believe that brown/blair tax you to hell.

Thing is I know blair/brown tax me to hell, so did howard. Aus is full of dole cheats, blaggers, layabouts, just like blighty. Only difference in UK is that you can afford to pay the taxes, net pay in Oz is pretty crap compared to UK.

Me and Ozzie Mrs are far better off in home counties than Sydney and we are not professional city types. Just an "average" type couple.

Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by philip&claire

philip&claire
If you use the search feature at the top of page, entering words like stamp duty, income tax, it should bring up heaps of rates and tables.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, no-one goes to Oz to be financially better off workwise. Maybe some hope to buy a house mortgage free or v small mortgage, and then the low wage and high tax of Oz can be ignored, because the big expense from their UK life is not the issue anymore.

The main draws of life in Oz seem to be outdoor life, better weather, possibly friendlier people etc.

These aren't our reasons by the way, but thats the reasons I'm getting from other people.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by JackTheLad
Sorry, no-one goes to Oz to be financially better off workwise. Maybe some hope to buy a house mortgage free or v small mortgage, and then the low wage and high tax of Oz can be ignored, because the big expense from their UK life is not the issue anymore.

The main draws of life in Oz seem to be outdoor life, better weather, possibly friendlier people etc.

These aren't our reasons by the way, but thats the reasons I'm getting from other people.

Cheers,
JTL
I must need help, We have no mortage and I'm still noticing the low wages and high taxes
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Yeah, 46p in pound for DIRECT Taxes.

You forgot to mention the rest (INDIRECT TAXES)..Fuel/Council Tax, etc..

Economists and their likes estimated the Total fleecing at 70-75p in Pound.
And you gotta pay a hefty mortgage/rent for a Cardboard box too.

Long Live the UK in the 3rd World.

As Tony BLair and his Cronies say

Things can only get better..!!!!! LOL
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by kong
Me and Ozzie Mrs are far better off in home counties than Sydney and we are not professional city types. Just an "average" type couple.
There isn't anything "average" about you fella
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:22 pm
kong

Originally posted by Muzza04
Yeah, 46p in pound for DIRECT Taxes.

You forgot to mention the rest (INDIRECT TAXES)..Fuel/Council Tax, etc..

Economists and their likes estimated the Total fleecing at 70-75p in Pound.
And you gotta pay a hefty mortgage/rent for a Cardboard box too.

Long Live the UK in the 3rd World.

As Tony BLair and his Cronies say

Things can only get better..!!!!! LOL
What a load of crap.

That is an insult to anyone with a slight grasp of economics.

Glad you feel rich in Aus, maybe all those third world pounds bought you a nice life in rubber dollar oz?

Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:36 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

How much you spend on taxes is largely up to you.

Here's how the OECD sees it:

OECD: Total tax revenue as percentage of GDP

Sorted by ascending 2000 take:
Attached Thumbnails More tax rises-tax-gdp.gif  
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:37 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jad n rich
I must need help, We have no mortage and I'm still noticing the low wages and high taxes
LOL In our club then

And the fees for licences, re connections, banks/visa cards the list is endless

Heres to the great Aussie outdoor lifestyle, at least thats free
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:39 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
How much you spend on taxes is largely up to you.
Why? How?

Please tell me how i can reduce my tax bill, peeerlease

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.