Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

More Points !!! What Next ??

More Points !!! What Next ??

Old Oct 14th 2004, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More Points !!! What Next ??

Me & the missus have waited almost 2 years going through the immigration process with a so called agent.

Just had the agent call to say the ACS have given the green light in the trade requirements.

But....due to new Visa regulations the trade is no longer listed as preferred, on top of that they have just increased the points to 120 when we only have 115.

Talk about stressful - so were still no wiser if we are likely to be successful, were both very angery, tired and running low on funds - the dream seems as though its slipping away yet again.

We have been told there still maybe a chance if we submit the wifes qualifications etc to make the 5 points.

Cant understand how they can let the process go this far then turn round and say oh by the way you need more points or your not going.

As someone else has said this is playing with peoples lives here.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: More Points !!! What Next ??

Originally Posted by MikeMc
Me & the missus have waited almost 2 years going through the immigration process with a so called agent.

Just had the agent call to say the ACS have given the green light in the trade requirements.

But....due to new Visa regulations the trade is no longer listed as preferred, on top of that they have just increased the points to 120 when we only have 115.

Talk about stressful - so were still no wiser if we are likely to be successful, were both very angery, tired and running low on funds - the dream seems as though its slipping away yet again.

We have been told there still maybe a chance if we submit the wifes qualifications etc to make the 5 points.

Cant understand how they can let the process go this far then turn round and say oh by the way you need more points or your not going.

I think you should take this up with your agent. DIMIA haven't just increased the points - that was back in April. What does your wife do? You should pin your agent down as to whether he/she thinks your wife will fulfil the criteria otherwise you could be throwing more money down the pan. Have you thought about putting up the $100k bond?
Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:42 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

What about trying for a different type of Visa. Have you looked into the new SIR visa's you need less points for these but are a bit more restricted to where you can live for the first couple of years.

Don't give up know you've come this far. Good Luck.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 3:09 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

If I were you, I would be *seriously* concerned about my agent if they only just now told me that the points had been raised (a change which took effect back in April, 6 months ago!!!). Are they MARA registered?

When did you submit your ACS application? I assume (since the ACS usually don't take very long) that it would've been after April - surely your agent could have told you about the points raise before you applied for a skills assessment (and potentially saved you money).

Just to be clear, you haven't actually applied for a visa yet, you've only applied for your ACS assessment, is that right? I'm a bit confused 'cause I thought you had said in another post that you had applied for a visa and were expecting it in October/November...

Last edited by saraliz; Oct 14th 2004 at 3:11 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 3:17 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Mate,

You should have had your application wrapped up well within two years. Don't know who your agent is, but seriously consider giving him/ her a b*ll*cking and get a new one.

It shouldn't take two years for an assessment and the raise in points is very old news.

All the best with it though.

Paul.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 3:25 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

I know exactly how you feel...it's gutting. But as some very wise BE's said quite recently, if it's meant to happen, it will. So for the time being Im keeping my fingers crossed, exploring other avenues and hoping. Keep your chin up!

Lucy
xx
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:23 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mike

Who is your agent??
We have just sent our details off to an agent and it is worrying as it has been said before "your life is in their hands" :scared:
I would contact DIMIA and advise them of the change after you have come this far. Surely they will take this into consideration.
Maybe I am just a bit too naive!
Name and shame your agent and don't let it get you down, keep going full steam ahead.

Chin up and good luck
Ang
Old Oct 14th 2004, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Do what we have just done....SACK YOUR AGENT!!

Ours were messing us around and very expensive so we gave them the boot.

We are going to D.I.Y it :scared: Just had enough of our crap agent.

Try and post Alan from Go Matilda he has been great help for us

Best of luck

Sue2
Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:24 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue2
Do what we have just done....SACK YOUR AGENT!!

Ours were messing us around and very expensive so we gave them the boot.

We are going to D.I.Y it :scared: Just had enough of our crap agent.

Try and post Alan from Go Matilda he has been great help for us

Best of luck

Sue2
Hi Sue
I wish I had the knowledge to do it ourselves from what has gone on just lately with agents. We are using Go Matilda - Lorraine is dealing with ours. Hope to god it is ok.
Good luck in the DIY job
Ang
Old Oct 14th 2004, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice
Talking Re: More Points !!! What Next ??

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi Sue
I wish I had the knowledge to do it ourselves from what has gone on just lately with agents. We are using Go Matilda - Lorraine is dealing with ours. Hope to god it is ok.
Good luck in the DIY job
Ang
patience and perseverance

I know we are not at the end of the tunnel yet but we did the ring around the agents actually paid monry to one and then realised I was paying an enormous amount of money for something I could do myself
I only wish I had found this site earlier as there has been more truthful advice posted on here than anything any of the three agents we nearly used gave us. I think the information is there on the website I just spent abs olutly ages reading di gesting and reading again then checked the form meticulously before it went
just got everything crossed now
Very best of luck love Mary
Old Oct 15th 2004, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Well having never done this before (ever) we rang around a few agents as normal, all pretty much the same in price. They all gave around14-18 months for full completion.

The thing is you dont see anything for months, then the odd mail request for some certified copies. I did get really annoyed at the agency after some time, but again not knowing I was assured all was on track an normal.

Eventually we were told all would be done by NoV/Dec - hence my previous mail, then the phone call about ACS.

This seems to be the way they have been doing it all the time, saying one thing then the other. Even said it may have took longer as it may have gone to RPL.

So I guess he wanted me to be thankful at that stage.

After reading alot of the posts it seems things should of moved a hell of a lot faster. So so far ACS has just passed, have to now wait a week or so for the agency to send a letter requesting the final information - medicals, extra qualifications from the wife to make up the 5 points.

My advice is definately research the agencies, I wish I knew about this site to begin with.

Maybe worth listing agencies in the UK that are good and ones not so good.

WorkOZ - Nuff said really.
Old Oct 15th 2004, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi Mike

Who is your agent??
We have just sent our details off to an agent and it is worrying as it has been said before "your life is in their hands" :scared:
I would contact DIMIA and advise them of the change after you have come this far. Surely they will take this into consideration.
Maybe I am just a bit too naive!
Name and shame your agent and don't let it get you down, keep going full steam ahead.

Chin up and good luck
Ang
Hi

Our agents are great we have had no problems with them and they are around 24 hrs a day the web site is

http://www.australia-migration.com/

Tabby
Old Oct 15th 2004, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Well just got another request from the agency, need to get a cousin living in Melb to fill in a form40. Delays even longer.

Am told that Dimia are taking 3 months turnaround for designated areas after lodgement.

Not sure what designated areas are considering we going to Brisbane (well certainly trying)

Just keeps getting better - make that over 2 years to move.

Last edited by MikeMc; Oct 15th 2004 at 9:58 am.