Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

More migrants if they go bush

Old Dec 5th 2003, 1:55 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default More migrants if they go bush

Mark Latham (new leader of the Labor opposition) has suggested that he wants immigration targeted at areas where it is needed, namely the bush. Anyone out there who desires to be in Australia so much that they would be willing to give it a go for say two years if it was easier and quicker to get in?

By Patricia Karvelas
December 05, 2003
Labor would support an increase in migration if migrants moved out of overpopulated cities and into the bush.

On the day Australia's population was due to officially hit 20 million, Labor leader Mark Latham said that under his leadership the party would address the environmental and population pressures on cities such as Sydney. But he argued that limiting the number of migrants accepted each year was not the solution.

Parts of Australia were "crying out" for more migrants, Mr Latham said, specifically mentioning South Australia, Tasmania and regional Australia.

"It should make us focus on the issue of dispersal ... and that's where the Labor Party looks in its focus on population policy. If we get the pattern of settlement right, we could probably increase the migration intake."
[B]
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:05 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

It is labour making excuses for not updating Sydney infrastructure.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:48 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

They could start by finding potential emigrants willing to invest time and money in key ventures like prawn aquaculture in northern Australia and making the investment path easier. The Pilipinos and Thais do it very well, Australia has suitable areas 100 times larger and a large market exists.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 3:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
They could start by finding potential emigrants willing to invest time and money in key ventures like prawn aquaculture in northern Australia and making the investment path easier. The Pilipinos and Thais do it very well, Australia has suitable areas 100 times larger and a large market exists.
It seems like a very good idea.

Does anyone know what the beaches in Mt Isa are like?
Old Dec 5th 2003, 3:33 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by renth

Yeah - I used to live there. They're very deep......
Old Dec 5th 2003, 3:35 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Covered in raw prawns when you come there any time the year.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 4:00 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Covered in raw prawns when you come there any time the year.
Are there Mc Mansions in Mt Isa?
Old Dec 5th 2003, 4:00 am

Seafood going bush. This is getting like the Tassie thread.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 4:01 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by bondipom
Seafood going bush. This is getting like the Tassie thread.
The one that only you and I understood?
Old Dec 5th 2003, 4:03 am

The one that only you and I understood?
I liked the innocent cheesey comment.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 4:37 am
(It's not my real name)

I liked the innocent cheesey comment.
That was the moment that I realised that it was too subtle for the others.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 4:54 am
Banned

Are there Mc Mansions in Mt Isa?
First come the Mc Poms, then have plenty Mc Raw Prawns.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 4:56 am

First come the Mc Poms, then have plenty Mc Raw Prawns.
Pop down Bondi on a Sunny and you you get Mc cooked Pommie prawns.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 5:05 am
Banned

Pop down Bondi on a Sunny and you you get Mc cooked Pommie prawns.
Bush tucker going down to the briney?
Old Dec 5th 2003, 5:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

That was the moment that I realised that it was too subtle for the others.
Excuse me, but I'd just like to say that it wasn't too subtle for me, but I was too busy laughing to think of a smart reply!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.