Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

More on Lost Passports

More on Lost Passports

Old Feb 15th 2006, 12:48 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb More on Lost Passports

Just been reading about Kris' lost passports and it reminded me about something I saw on TV last night. It was a show about customs at Sydney Airport and one american passenger had lost his passport whilst in transit.

Fortunately, he had had the foresight to make a photocopy of the photo page of his passport so all customs at Sydney had to do was use this and call the American Embassy who arranged for him to get a replacement next day. Probably saved hours of hassle for all.

I am going to make sure I've a copy of all our photo pages from our passports made (as well as copies of the visas should we ever get them) just in case of problems in the future.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More on Lost Passports

Originally Posted by herrchook
Just been reading about Kris' lost passports and it reminded me about something I saw on TV last night. It was a show about customs at Sydney Airport and one american passenger had lost his passport whilst in transit.

Fortunately, he had had the foresight to make a photocopy of the photo page of his passport so all customs at Sydney had to do was use this and call the American Embassy who arranged for him to get a replacement next day. Probably saved hours of hassle for all.

I am going to make sure I've a copy of all our photo pages from our passports made (as well as copies of the visas should we ever get them) just in case of problems in the future.

We saw that too. I'm getting three copies of everone's ID pages and Visa stamps.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

p63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: More on Lost Passports

Hi

We took copies of our passports when were on our validation trip last year.

We used them and a copy of our rental agreement to get discounted entry into some of the theme parks that issue discount vouchers for residents!
A bit safer than carrying the real things around all the time.

HTH

MichaelB
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:10 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WendyC
We saw that too. I'm getting three copies of everone's ID pages and Visa stamps.
I'm getting four copies!
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

I scanned the main pages of our passports & visas and emailed them to myself, so I can access them from anywhere, should the need arise, which it did once and it worked a treat, hubby got a replacement abroad enabling him to travel home immediately.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: More on Lost Passports

the only thing id would have to remeber then, is.............................................

WHERE THE HELL I PUT IT

geex
Old Feb 15th 2006, 7:01 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kitty4
I scanned the main pages of our passports & visas and emailed them to myself, so I can access them from anywhere, should the need arise, which it did once and it worked a treat, hubby got a replacement abroad enabling him to travel home immediately.

Excellent idea I have the lost passports scanned on the pc so will email them to myself!!
Great thread!!

Well done!!

kris xx
Old Feb 15th 2006, 7:02 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Excellent idea I have the lost passports scanned on the pc so will email them to myself!!
Great thread!!

Well done!!

kris xx

Doh sorry aving a blonde moment!!

no point emailing lost passports to myself will wait til i get the new ones!!#

Kris xx
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:36 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by herrchook

I've been travelling abroad for ummmmm 20 odd years and I always took fotocopies of all my docs...plane tickets everything...of course u dont need to do that now what with all the e-tickets around...but defo of the passports
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:39 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
I've been travelling abroad for ummmmm 20 odd years and I always took fotocopies of all my docs...plane tickets everything...of course u dont need to do that now what with all the e-tickets around...but defo of the passports
If you transit through hong kong you can always get a replacement passport from the night market...... seriously - on a bench next to the photos of fake rolex's to choose from was a range of Passports to select from .... pick your country.... frightening.