Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

More info for ACS - Oz

More info for ACS - Oz

Old May 30th 2002, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice
Default More info for ACS - Oz

We've just received an e-mail from the ACS (finally!) and they require further detailed info. re: hubby's jobs. He has applied under the IT Manager ASCO code.

We desperately need the extra 5 points to ensure we reach the pass mark - can anyone suggest any 'pointers' to include when asking past employers for more info?

Many thanks.
Old May 30th 2002, 10:20 pm
Lana

Default Re: More info for ACS - Oz

This happened to us too.

We just made sure the new letters stated the precise date my husband worked, that it
was full-time, and detailed exactly what he did. He's an analyst programmer, so the
first letters were vague, saying things like "worked on several web projects using
the following languages"

The second letters said "conducted analysis and development for a shipping tracking
website using technologies X, Y, and Z; developed a new e-commerce system for a
drugstore website..." and so on.

Hope that helps.

Lana

remmie1 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > We've just received an e-mail from the ACS (finally!) and they require further
    > detailed info. re: hubby's jobs. He has applied under the IT Manager ASCO code.
    >
    > We desperately need the extra 5 points to ensure we reach the pass mark
    > - can anyone suggest any 'pointers' to include when asking past employers for
    > more info?
    >
    > Many thanks.

Old May 30th 2002, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice

Thanks for the info. We'll give it a try, we managed the RPL application after all - so this should be a piece of cake!!!

Thanks again.
Old May 31st 2002, 7:21 am
Seehion

Hi Lana

Is it the person hold an IT degree from Oz will not have to submit any company
reference to ACS anymore. I know it would be better to attach for speedy process, but
sometime it is not convenient to let the current employer know the thing. I will try
to get a reference letter from my previous company.

Thanks "Lana" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > This happened to us too.
    >
    > We just made sure the new letters stated the precise date my husband worked, that
    > it was full-time, and detailed exactly what he did. He's an analyst programmer, so
    > the first letters were vague, saying things like "worked on several web projects
    > using the following languages"
    >
    > The second letters said "conducted analysis and development for a shipping tracking
    > website using technologies X, Y, and Z; developed a new e-commerce system for a
    > drugstore website..." and so on.
    >
    >
    > Hope that helps.
    >
    >
    > Lana
    >
    >
    > remmie1 <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > We've just received an e-mail from the ACS (finally!) and they require further
    > > detailed info. re: hubby's jobs. He has applied under the IT Manager ASCO code.
    > >
    > > We desperately need the extra 5 points to ensure we reach the pass mark
    > > - can anyone suggest any 'pointers' to include when asking past employers for
    > > more info?
    > >
    > > Many thanks.

Old May 31st 2002, 7:37 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Company references are needed for all ACS assessments, unless you are a recent graduate from an Aussie institution in Australia.

If you are hesitating about jeapordizing your present job (as I am), just get a trusted colleague to write up something for you, and mention his/her working relationship to you, and type out a Statutory Declaration to explain why you can't get your company to issue a reference to you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Peter

Originally posted by Seehion
Is it the person hold an IT degree from Oz will not have to submit any company reference to ACS anymore. I know it would be better to attach for speedy process, but sometime it is not convenient to let the current employer know the thing. I will try
to get a reference letter from my previous company.
Old May 31st 2002, 4:20 pm
Thunder Ace

remmie1 <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the info. We'll give it a try, we managed the RPL application after all
    > - so this should be a piece of cake!!!
    >
    > Thanks again.

This issue keeps coming up. the best to do I think is to get the basic reference from
your employer (dates job title etc), and then get a colleague to give a more detailed
job description.

Thunder Ace