Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which is more humid - brizzy or Auckland?

Which is more humid - brizzy or Auckland?

Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is more humid - brizzy or Auckland?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
July to October it couldn't be down to the high humidity - totally the wrong time of year, thats my point. You can go for weeks at the time of year with humidity below 30%. Not nice, very dehydrating, and equally hard to breathe, but for different reasons. .
Yeah. That's why I asked.

June, July and August are winter. Cool nights and beautiful cloudless dry days of 20c. Weirdly, for people who are used to wet winters, it is the dryest time of the year in Brisbane (semi tropics).

I could understand the humidity comment if it was right at the end of his trip ie. October it can be humid sometimes.

I know nothing about Auckland but I reckon Brisbane has great weather when you take the whole year into account.

You will get some people who prefer their own city saying about Brisbane I went there once and it was bloody terrible, how can anyone ever live there. But, IMO, the on and off summer humidity is more than compensated by the weather the rest of the year (and by a/c). A lot of those same people forget to mention they are freezing there arse's off in miserable cold weather in winter when we are waking up to glorious sunny days.

If you can't stand humidity no matter how much a/c you have then avoid Brisbane. But if you want beautiful warm non humid days almost all year round (including winter) and an on and off humid summer where you swim and use a/c to lessen the effects then Brisbane is for you.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fish.01
Yeah. That's why I asked.

June, July and August are winter. Cool nights and beautiful cloudless dry days of 20c. Weirdly, for people who are used to wet winters, it is the dryest time of the year in Brisbane (semi tropics).

I could understand the humidity comment if it was right at the end of his trip ie. October it can be humid sometimes.

I know nothing about Auckland but I reckon Brisbane has great weather when you take the whole year into account.

You will get some people who prefer their own city saying about Brisbane I went there once and it was bloody terrible, how can anyone ever live there. But, IMO, the on and off summer humidity is more than compensated by the weather the rest of the year (and by a/c). A lot of those same people forget to mention they are freezing there arse's off in miserable cold weather in winter when we are waking up to glorious sunny days.

If you can't stand humidity no matter how much a/c you have then avoid Brisbane. But if you want beautiful warm non humid days almost all year round (including winter) and an on and off humid summer where you swim and use a/c to lessen the effects then Brisbane is for you.
I love the Brissy climate.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:21 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kporte
just a wild guess but possibly because they want to?
I would pick Auckland.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 2:57 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

We love the Brissy all year round weather. It gets a couple of months of hot weather each year but as someone said the aircon sorts that out. The winters are absolutly fantastic. Humidity is a funny thing. I've noticed the humidity can be high in winter but if the sun isn't baring down full blast, it's bearable. The humidity in Brissy is overstated.

Auckland - not for us. We felt like we were back in UK when we visited and the biting winds and cold nearly killed us
Old Apr 9th 2009, 9:35 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

I grew up in Brisvegas and it is definately more humid than Auckland. Does Auckland even get humid? Auckland isn't tropical Brisvegas is.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 12:47 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

It is a fact that Auckland has higher humidity than Brisbane....and London has higher humidity than Auckland!

The level of humidity on its own is largely irrelevant, the combination of heat and humidity is what's important.

Brisbane
Auckland
London

Sonlymewalter is right in my opinion, Brisbane's humidity is over-exaggerated by a lot of people. People often talk of 35C/90% humidity days - well I don't think I ever experienced one in nearly 5 years, humidity is only that high if it's raining....and therefore generally not 35C!