More Free Money

Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:40 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by glhall
Is called parenting payment and yes, after trying to decipher the centrelink info, I think youre right there - I dont qualify - thats Ok - Its still pretty good without that.

Graham
It's actually a mistake that Centrelink staff sometimes make aswell, telling people they can get it, but forgetting to check the residency qualification

The problem when they make it, is that you end up having to pay it all back !!

I've got a friend in NSW with 5 kids, he was offered a full time job with the SES (State Emergency Services), but had to refuse it, as he ended up with less money than on Centrelink benefits.
He did end up still doing the job, but only as an unpaid volunteer !!

Old Jun 21st 2004, 5:10 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Australia and New Zealand have a reciprocal agreement. I never worked in Families when I did work for Centrelink, but it may cover some family payments. Might be worth your while checking it out.

There is no longer any agreement between the UK and Australia.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 5:14 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More Free Money

Originally posted by markeh

Anyone would think that they are trying to encourage you to have a family:scared:

Bye
Mark
I think its more like trying to get you to vote for them
Whens the election ??
Old Jun 21st 2004, 5:16 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hevs
I think its more like trying to get you to vote for them
Whens the election ??
I've heard on the radio that everyone is expecting a date announced in the next two weeks.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 5:18 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth
I've heard on the radio that everyone is expecting a date announced in the next two weeks.
WOW!!! now theres a suprise, just off to check my account now
Old Jun 21st 2004, 5:20 am
o_0

Geez, I move back to Australia just in time to vote.

Can't say I've missed that glorious privilege.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:02 am

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point

So that's what the $1200 is in my account. We realised it was there yesterday and decided we hadn't better spend it in case it was a mistake and had to pay it back.

Will have to spend it quick before it goes into hubby's boat account!

Regards
Kate
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:15 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Just looked at the Family Assistance web site to see when I'm going to get my free $600 (pre election bribe) and it turns out that is per child!!!

So next week I get $1800 for doing nothing and I'm not even eligible to vote yet!

Crazy isn't it?
Will I get anything?!!!!!!!

I'm hoping to be in Perth in September.

It sounds good, I may even get my snip reversed and live off the state!!

Walla
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:25 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by walla1
Will I get anything?!!!!!!!

I'm hoping to be in Perth in September.

Walla
Sorry, but none of this lot being dished out at the moment. You needed to be getting FBT-A on 17th May (Thats Family Tax Benefit Part A)

Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by walla1

Walla
Nothing personal to you as that was probably a joke, but its one of the big reasons we left OZ, Its dole bludgers paradise. The fact is many do live on welfare for decades not years, we used to get sent 50 "jobseekers" some weeks, not one was really looking for work but they had to get a book signed to say they were, bung out unwanted kids and cheque for life. Really fantastic for any idiot who cares to work and support them. Its not really a problem to bung out unwanted kids, chilcare for the unemployed is paid for by the employed!!

Doctor mate of ours reckons the country is really going to the pot now, the pregnanacy rate in the ferals and povs and teenagers has soared since the govvy announced 3000.00 per baby. It says a lot when such a piddly amount of dosh can encourage people to breed There is going to be some big uproar from the AMA (Doctors) at how irresponsible this is, like what sort of parent that will attract.

Whats the latest payment simply a government bribe, if you vote you get another payment too. Gives an indication of australias politics too.

Scratch away the sunshine and theres a lot of dirt going on :scared:

Most poms we met were claming all they could, rarely mentioning rent etc coming in from the UK Pretty ironic when you consider how they thought it was wrong for a genuine homeless refugee get help in the UK but pretty OK for loaded UK immies to hit centerlink. Its crazy, but how long till Aus has a big crackdown on UK immies like it did on New Zealand ones.

Weird country, but I guess it knows most of the welfare if pays out comes back round in the poker machines
:scared:

And of course I think there should be payments to help low income families who work, its all the other bullshit that put me off.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 7:38 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
And of course I think there should be payments to help low income families who work, its all the other bullshit that put me off.
I've got to agree Dotty, Oz is a great place if you want to live off the state, there's not a lot of incentive to work if you don't want to.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:08 am
o_0

I've got to agree Dotty, Oz is a great place if you want to live off the state, there's not a lot of incentive to work if you don't want to.
You would've thought all these years of a quasi-right wing Govt. would've put a stopper on it. Not a chance. For all of the Liberal party's rhetoric, they too believe it's cheaper and easier to pay some marginalised loser the dole and sterilize them socially then let them go without and cost folks more through robbery and jail time.

Australia isn't the worst in the world when it comes to bludging off the state, but yeah, sometimes I feel there's no incentive for the average guy to get a job, especially if s/he has three or so kids. S/He's better off on welfare financially.

I worked for Centrelink and I saw career bludgers. Yes ladies and gentlemen, the world does owe a lot of Australians a living.

I think I'm showing my right-wing values here a little

But, if you want what Dotty describes to continue, vote Labor in this year. Oh, and if you want to pay $3 a litre for petrol too...
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow I could just feel you heading for this thread Dotty!!!
Career Bludgers? You get em in the UK, you get em in Oz, I'm sure you get them in every country that offers welfare payments. Oz is not unusual in having them.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:34 am
o_0

Let me ask you British folk a question then: how many of your countrymen on the dole or whatever the UK equivalent is, feel like they've given up? That feel like they'll never work again and may as well just squat somewhere in a shack and drink beer for the remainder of their days?

Any of that sort in the UK?

'Cos there's plenty of that in Australia. The politically correct term (as used by Centrelink) is socially marginialised.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:51 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain

The politically correct term (as used by Centrelink) is socially marginialised.
at least being poor helps your vocab

I used to think I was poor. Then they told me I wasn't poor, I was needy. They told me it was self-defeating to think of myself as needy, I was deprived. Then they told me underprivileged was overused. I was disadvantaged. I still don't have a dime. But I have a great vocabulary. (Jules Feiffer)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.