More Free Money

Old Jun 21st 2004, 10:09 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More Free Money

Originally posted by dotty
Nothing personal to you as that was probably a joke, but its one of the big reasons we left OZ, Its dole bludgers paradise. The fact is many do live on welfare for decades not years, we used to get sent 50 "jobseekers" some weeks, not one was really looking for work but they had to get a book signed to say they were, bung out unwanted kids and cheque for life. Really fantastic for any idiot who cares to work and support them. Its not really a problem to bung out unwanted kids, chilcare for the unemployed is paid for by the employed!!

Doctor mate of ours reckons the country is really going to the pot now, the pregnanacy rate in the ferals and povs and teenagers has soared since the govvy announced 3000.00 per baby. It says a lot when such a piddly amount of dosh can encourage people to breed There is going to be some big uproar from the AMA (Doctors) at how irresponsible this is, like what sort of parent that will attract.

Whats the latest payment simply a government bribe, if you vote you get another payment too. Gives an indication of australias politics too.

Scratch away the sunshine and theres a lot of dirt going on :scared:

Most poms we met were claming all they could, rarely mentioning rent etc coming in from the UK Pretty ironic when you consider how they thought it was wrong for a genuine homeless refugee get help in the UK but pretty OK for loaded UK immies to hit centerlink. Its crazy, but how long till Aus has a big crackdown on UK immies like it did on New Zealand ones.

Weird country, but I guess it knows most of the welfare if pays out comes back round in the poker machines
:scared:

And of course I think there should be payments to help low income families who work, its all the other bullshit that put me off.
It was a joke!! Oh dear look what I've started.

I'm a bit old now to want to start having kids again, the snip will stay!!

On the benefit blagger thing thou, you get it everywhere, didn't realise is was such a big problem in Oz, first I've heard.

Walla
Old Jun 21st 2004, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Pollyana
Somehow I could just feel you heading for this thread Dotty!!!
Career Bludgers? You get em in the UK, you get em in Oz, I'm sure you get them in every country that offers welfare payments. Oz is not unusual in having them.

What is unusual is the incredible amounts paid and the ease with which it is paid. How many UK eyes lite up on this very old forum when you mention the amounts they can get, they never got payments like that in Blighty did they?

I would not be surprised if Australia had the highest welfare payments in the world, (and the highest taxes for the workers who have to pay for them). Maybe 40 years ago the theory of paying high welfare payments kept criminals off the street, but now Australia has similar or worse crime levels to anywhere else so thats hardly an excuse is it.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 10:59 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya dotty,
I think part of the problem in the UK is that the normal tax payers never see any of the tax's thay pay come back from the Gov.
For the past 14 years of my working life I've seen nill

I've always said I was supporting a family somewhere and at least in Oz it will be my family.
The best on was the wife who after a year of work got told she didn't qualify for diddley squat!

Bye
Mark
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:03 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by markeh
Hiya dotty,
I think part of the problem in the UK is that the normal tax payers never see any of the tax's thay pay come back from the Gov.
For the past 14 years of my working life I've seen nill

Mark
You don't see it while you're there
But you feel it even more here. It costs you money to go to Drs dentists and optitions, i'm talking SERIOUS money. AND you have to pay for your kids prescriptions.

You Also pay stamp duty when you buy houses and cars, and not only GST on the insurance but stamp too, now I'm yet to see where i get ANY of this back yet
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

As Hevs says it costs money to get by here, to keep yourself in good health etc and I honestly think that without the benefits given many many poorly paid Australian families would not be able to survive but I agree with Dotty that it is given too freely and without proper controls.

I don't think immigrants should be given any benefits for 2 years (as we are LED to believe is the case), except for special circumstances and also that the people constantly living off the state should have a kick up the arse and be "encouraged" back to work. Mind you that would take up all the crap paid jobs for the new immos
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 1:35 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

As a resident on a temporary rather than a permanent visa I don't get any of the family benefits for having kids and therefore also didn't get the $600 per child handout. Whilst I'm not that bothered in principle, I do wonder why I as a higher rate taxpayer for the last 18 months do not get a payment that someone just off the boat who hasn't contributed to the Australian economy gets, just because my visa is valid for only four years.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 2:09 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by jayr
As a resident on a temporary rather than a permanent visa I don't get any of the family benefits for having kids and therefore also didn't get the $600 per child handout. Whilst I'm not that bothered in principle, I do wonder why I as a higher rate taxpayer for the last 18 months do not get a payment that someone just off the boat who hasn't contributed to the Australian economy gets, just because my visa is valid for only four years.
You aren't alone in wondering that.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

See - it's daft. Someone with PR can come here for a year say, claim everything going, and then go back to Uk with the Aus Government having funded their holiday!!

I don't mean that as a generalisation, just an example of what could happen.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Empty your mailbox missus, oh popular one!