Reload this Page >

more on csa payments

more on csa payments

Old Mar 17th 2003, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default more on csa payments

sorry cant find my original thread re: the above
just spoke to CSA national helpline and i have been imformed that when we go to Australia - CSA will close our file - hence no further payments - they have no juristiction i asked her what if we moved out to Australia and ex found out where we lived and got in touch with Australian CSA - again she said that that CSA is for Australians - the only way she get money involuntarly from us is to obtain a court orer before we go. i then asked her if Immigration Dept got in touch with CSA in Uk regarding paymnts etc again she said no jurictiction
Old Mar 17th 2003, 3:21 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: more on csa payments

Originally posted by thewoods
sorry cant find my original thread re: the above
just spoke to CSA national helpline and i have been imformed that when we go to Australia - CSA will close our file - hence no further payments - they have no juristiction i asked her what if we moved out to Australia and ex found out where we lived and got in touch with Australian CSA - again she said that that CSA is for Australians - the only way she get money involuntarly from us is to obtain a court orer before we go. i then asked her if Immigration Dept got in touch with CSA in Uk regarding paymnts etc again she said no jurictiction
Why would you want to stop paying to support your children?
Old Mar 17th 2003, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

have i said i am not going to pay for my children i will be paying for the rest of my life hopefully so if you have any coments please keep them to yourself i cant belive someone would say that when i have 4 children and look after them very well from andy the dad
Old Mar 18th 2003, 9:04 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

have i said i am not going to pay for my children i will be paying for the rest of my life hopefully so if you have any coments please keep them to yourself i cant belive someone would say that when i have 4 children and look after them very well from andy the dad
sorry, I will restructure my question to try not to offend you.

Why are you so keen to know whether or not the CSA can enforce payements when you are in Australia?
Old Mar 18th 2003, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

i posted the thread but my husband answered it - the thing wth the csa is that it can and has in many cases ruined lives - we ha ve been paying child support no w for the past 8 years - we have always paid - at times vast amounts but they harrass you all the time on info given to them from the ex - buy a new car, move house she tells them thhinking she is going to make a fast buck and they are on your case constantly reassessing - get a new job and they are already taking a % of disposable income so the new pay rise you thinik you have got they take that as well and believe you me the kids are nopt beneffiting from it - when we go to Aus we will pay for their flights to visit and they will still receive the payments they get now - depending on income we get over there - but i do not want the csa constantly on my back over there - had enough!!
Old Mar 18th 2003, 10:17 am
Hussy

i posted the thread but my husband answered it - the thing wth the csa is that it can and has in many cases ruined lives - we ha ve been paying child support no w for the past 8 years - we have always paid - at times vast amounts but they harrass you all the time on info given to them from the ex - buy a new car, move house she tells them thhinking she is going to make a fast buck and they are on your case constantly reassessing - get a new job and they are already taking a % of disposable income so the new pay rise you thinik you have got they take that as well and believe you me the kids are nopt beneffiting from it - when we go to Aus we will pay for their flights to visit and they will still receive the payments they get now - depending on income we get over there - but i do not want the csa constantly on my back over there - had enough!!
Thanks, I understand this better now

Mel
Old Mar 18th 2003, 1:02 pm
want that dream

sullivanfamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes the CSA can be seen in the wrong light. I'm the other side of the coin and when we get our visas I will stop my case against my ex. He has never seen her (she 5yrs now) and has never made any positive effort to be a father. She has a daddy and is none the wiser. However before I met my husband life was hard, and I needed every penny. Your children are fortunate to have a relationship with you (and your new family?). Don't be offended by every comment. This subject is a very passionate one.

The very best of luck to you,
Old Mar 18th 2003, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

hi sullivan family -

when i met my husband - i was aware of his children from previous relationship - obviously and we have always paid - i just dont like they way they chase us - i mean i dont know how your ex has go away with it - i always think that they should be chasing those that dont pay and leave us alone that do !! i could write a book about csa - at least when we go to oz we wont have them hassling us and Andy will still contribute towards the kids upbringing - maybe on his terms for a change - beacuse at the end of the day if he ceased payment she just would not allow then out to visit and it is the dad that loses out only!!