Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

More amazing Aussie wildlife...

More amazing Aussie wildlife...

Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:41 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More amazing Aussie wildlife...

Originally Posted by DARREN1972
My young un loved the birds noises and the tree frog
check these darren

http://www.cpbr.gov.au/sounds/index.html
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:49 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones
Simon.and.Kate - what type of camera/lens are you using - those pics of the spider and ants are fantastic!
Cheers, but it's nothing special - just a little point and shoot I bought before this years trip: Canon Ixus 70. I paid about £160 for it, but having just done a search, I've seen them at under £130 !!! It's amazing the quality/price ratio now:
http://www.digital-cameras.com/xpp-c...er&amount=0.00

I was sticking loads of photos on the web whilst we were down under this year, and all my mates had presummed I'd been out a bought an SLR or something! It's amazing what you can do with a good point and shoot and 'macro' mode.

All the photos in the gallerys on my site (www.simonaward.co.uk) where taken with the Ixus 70 (apart from some of the one's in the gallery 'Old and Random').
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:51 pm

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steve`o
Awsome! Cheers...
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:59 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

heres a couple from earlier on in the year
a spider n preying mantis go for it and the winner is
yep the big green fella

( taken in my backyard )
Attached Thumbnails More amazing Aussie wildlife...-img_7469.jpg   More amazing Aussie wildlife...-img_7476.jpg  
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

chasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
Cheers, but it's nothing special - just a little point and shoot I bought before this years trip: Canon Ixus 70. I paid about £160 for it, but having just done a search, I've seen them at under £130 !!! It's amazing the quality/price ratio now:
http://www.digital-cameras.com/xpp-c...er&amount=0.00

I was sticking loads of photos on the web whilst we were down under this year, and all my mates had presummed I'd been out a bought an SLR or something! It's amazing what you can do with a good point and shoot and 'macro' mode.

All the photos in the gallerys on my site (www.simonaward.co.uk) where taken with the Ixus 70 (apart from some of the one's in the gallery 'Old and Random').
Just had a look at all your photos Simon - they're amazing! Favs were the green tree frog & the ants. Loved the lifegaurd's sign - "Conditions: doesn't get any better than this does it mate?" You're defo got an artistic eye! Keep snapping away!
Mags
x
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by chasingthedream
Just had a look at all your photos Simon - they're amazing! Favs were the green tree frog & the ants. Loved the lifegaurd's sign - "Conditions: doesn't get any better than this does it mate?" You're defo got an artistic eye! Keep snapping away!
Mags
x
Cheers!

I'm sat browsing BE with the sound files Steve pointed to all on 'random loop' in Media Player - is that sad?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:32 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

who ??
The original poster
Old Nov 10th 2007, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
The original poster
Australind, South West WA, just a bit north of Bunbury...
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

DARREN1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers steve`o my young un loves anything to do with wildlife but she keeps singing a bloody song about kookaburras all the time she learnt from school, yep shes doing my head in but shes sold on the idea of the moving to oz now
Old Nov 14th 2007, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

The things you see on a golf course...
Attached Thumbnails More amazing Aussie wildlife...-dsc00073.jpg  
Old Nov 14th 2007, 3:37 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
The things you see on a golf course...
Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

kangaroo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kez81
Hi Folk have you ever seen one of these little guys?
They are a small kangaroo member growing only 10" high and going back onto the endangered species list.
Called a Brushtailed Bettong or Woylie (aboriginal name)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1195049104
Woylies-feeding-small.jpg
Old Nov 14th 2007, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough

As long as I have a Kookaburra in my garden, I'll be a happy lady

What an amazingly stooopid sound! I've heard 100's of them when I've been in Oz, but they always make me laugh! I'll NEVER tire of that silly noise!!

I think one of the most stunning things I saw (& didn't get a pic of ) was a massive eagle eating roo roadkill when we were driving up to Exmouth in WA! I just so didn't expect it!

I just can't wait to get there back to all of the amazing colours of the birds etc, etc!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Jumping spiders on the local playground equipment and a monitor in our garden plus grasshopper on my son's hand at Cape Trib and a white lipped tree frog in our garden
Attached Thumbnails More amazing Aussie wildlife...-grasshopper.jpg   More amazing Aussie wildlife...-white-lipped-tree-frog.jpg   More amazing Aussie wildlife...-monitor.jpg   More amazing Aussie wildlife...-dsc_0059small.jpg   More amazing Aussie wildlife...-dsc_0066small.jpg  

Last edited by cadman; Nov 16th 2007 at 2:38 am.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

more
Attached Thumbnails More amazing Aussie wildlife...-dsc_0081small.jpg   More amazing Aussie wildlife...-dsc_0092small.jpg   More amazing Aussie wildlife...-dsc_0122small.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.