Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

morbid insurance question, sorry!

morbid insurance question, sorry!

Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

hetty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default morbid insurance question, sorry!

I've just been granted my 309 de facto spouse visa. Yay!

HOWEVER, in the unfortunate event of my untimely demise (God forbid), OH and I have agreed that, for the sake of my parents, my mortal remains should be returned to the UK. Is there an insurance policy that would cover this? I know my backpackers insurance covered 'emergency repatriation' but I'm not a backpacker any more (yay!).

Also, since I'm becoming a temporary de facto resident thingy, does my travel insurance only need to cover my flight over there? I fly out to be reunited with my Aussie beefcake in March, and, yes, I am annoyingly excited. Sorry (!)
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: morbid insurance question, sorry!

Originally Posted by hetty
I've just been granted my 309 de facto spouse visa. Yay!

HOWEVER, in the unfortunate event of my untimely demise (God forbid), OH and I have agreed that, for the sake of my parents, my mortal remains should be returned to the UK. Is there an insurance policy that would cover this? I know my backpackers insurance covered 'emergency repatriation' but I'm not a backpacker any more (yay!).
Just take out a regular life insurance policy that pays out x dollars on death for a period of y number of years.

Don't complicate things with specifying a particular use for the funds. It might not be so important to your parents at the time anyway.