Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moonwalk in London 18th June

Moonwalk in London 18th June

Old Jun 16th 2005, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about
Default Moonwalk in London 18th June

Hi

are there any fellow moonwalkers out there? We are dressing up as mermaids! Hope my feet hold out the distance and my stomach, i was starving after the 20 mile training walk.
For those who don't know moonwalk is 26 miles walk in London over night wearing your bra to raise money for cancer research.

Tracy
Old Jun 16th 2005, 10:12 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moonwalk in London 18th June

Originally Posted by Bubbles
Hi

are there any fellow moonwalkers out there? We are dressing up as mermaids! Hope my feet hold out the distance and my stomach, i was starving after the 20 mile training walk.
For those who don't know moonwalk is 26 miles walk in London over night wearing your bra to raise money for cancer research.

Tracy
Not a moonwalker i'm afraid but i'd like to wish you well!!
When is it?

Sally
Old Jun 16th 2005, 10:13 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SalSa
Not a moonwalker i'm afraid but i'd like to wish you well!!
When is it?

Sally

Sorry it's late, I didn't notice the date in the title!!!!
All the best for the weekend!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 10:24 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Moonwalk in London 18th June

Weird, weird and weirder... not the moon walk - I know of that and am 100% behind you - would loved to have joined in, but missed this year.... by the way - are you collecting sponsorship? If so, PM me - I would be happy to sponsor you....

Weirdness is that I had the most vivid dream last night about trying to do a moon walk along the bayside beaches in Melbourne..... have spent the day trying to find out about Aussie alternatives.... MAYBE NEXT YEAR, ALL THOSE WHO ARE MELLIE-BOUND?

Good luck - and I meant it about the sponsorship..... xxxxxx
Old Jun 16th 2005, 10:29 pm
Love it here!

Originally Posted by floss
Weird, weird and weirder... not the moon walk - I know of that and am 100% behind you - would loved to have joined in, but missed this year.... by the way - are you collecting sponsorship? If so, PM me - I would be happy to sponsor you....

Weirdness is that I had the most vivid dream last night about trying to do a moon walk along the bayside beaches in Melbourne..... have spent the day trying to find out about Aussie alternatives.... MAYBE NEXT YEAR, ALL THOSE WHO ARE MELLIE-BOUND?

Good luck - and I meant it about the sponsorship..... xxxxxx
Hi
My sons have been moon walking round the house (M Jackson style NOT in my bras!! )
We're Melbourne bound Jan 06 hopefully.
Where are you in uk?
Old Jun 16th 2005, 10:35 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice

Wet and grey epsom... home of the Derby and ..... salts!

Brain's been working overtime since I saw this thread... d'you reckon you could walk 26 miles with just general fitness??? Been swimming a lot lately (reccie to Oz coming up - swimming costume and cellulite??? Yeuch!!!! So half a mile in the pool daily..... but doesn't do much for the feet, I guess?)

Perhaps we could have a late BE posse in the moonwalk... or should I say, moon limp???
Old Jun 16th 2005, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bubbles
Hi

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

I did it last year with a friend. Take some red bull and energy bars with you. Also on the way they have stops with fruit and water and about halfway they have energy drinks. Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Jane
Old Jun 20th 2005, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lee/jane
Hi Tracy,

I did it last year with a friend. Take some red bull and energy bars with you. Also on the way they have stops with fruit and water and about halfway they have energy drinks. Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Jane

Hi

we did it!! In reply to can you do it on general fitness, probably need to do masses of walking like i did but it was still very hard, the hardest thing i have ever done. My legs are still sore today. The last 5 miles went on forever. It was harder than walking in a small group becuse of the sheer number of people. Imagine walking witrh 18000 people down the path on Oxford street on Saturday afternoon! Except we were all going the same way. It was hard to keep up any speed or rhythm, but we finished about 8.30, so taking out time for long toilet stops (ques) we probably did it in 7-7 1/2 hours

Thanks for the support

Tracy
p.s. if anyone else wants to send me sponsor ship pm me. ta