Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

THe moon's gone red !!!! (Perth)

THe moon's gone red !!!! (Perth)

Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:47 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default THe moon's gone red !!!! (Perth)

It's actually pretty scary! :scared: You can smell the smoke in the air, there is ash floating around and we are about 50km away from it.

Say a pray for the firefighters tonight...

Jill

Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:48 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THe moon's gone red !!!! (Perth)

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
It's actually pretty scary! :scared: You can smell the smoke in the air, there is ash floating around and we are about 50km away from it.

Jill

bloody hell, its the end of the worla as we know it!!!! :scared:
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:56 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
bloody hell, its the end of the worla as we know it!!!! :scared:
just came on to say the moons gone red and I smell smoke and its already on, wonder how far away it is, never seen anything like the moon tonight though.
Jenny
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:57 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They do an excellent, and often unrecgonised job. Lets hope they can control the latest outbreaks fairly swiftly.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:59 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They do an excellent, and often unrecgonised job. Lets hope they can control the latest outbreaks fairly swiftly.

is that why its red from the reflection off the fires????

Yes they are also very sexy too in those uniforms, they are all heroes

OMG its scary

laura
xxx
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:02 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

The fires in the hills are now more towards Mundaring Weir, so more North, and I guess that why you guys are getting the ash.
I still haven't seen any ash, but lots and lots in the southern suburbs have.

Going out now to see if I can see the moon.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:05 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's not red from where I see it... or it's changed again.

Can see the smoke to the east though, the city lights are reflecting on it.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:06 pm
Go Banana's !!

Must go to bed now, hope it gets better overnight.

Asked Imogen what she would take with her if we had to get out quick, (she's pretty realistic) she replied "My money and Smudge of course" all heart!

Sleep well everyone

Jill

Old Jan 18th 2005, 5:07 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Post Re: THe moon's gone red !!!! (Perth)

Must go to bed now, hope it gets better overnight.

Asked Imogen what she would take with her if we had to get out quick, (she's pretty realistic) she replied "My money and Smudge of course" all heart!

Sleep well everyone

Jill
Here's a news link
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...m?fp_news_stor
Old Jan 18th 2005, 7:06 pm
wombat42

The term for it is " Bushfire Moon " when the sun turns red because of bushfires.

Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:22 pm
Go Banana's !!

Loads of ash covering everything this morning. Jill's going to love cleaning it all up !!

Warren !

Last edited by Go Banana's !!; Jan 18th 2005 at 11:32 pm.

Old Jan 19th 2005, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

We could smell the smoke all the way up in Butler last night, air con guy said he drove through city this morning and its just a massive smoke haze, terrible that this was started by one idiot
Old Jan 19th 2005, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Found it hard to sleep last night as the smell was quite bad here in Joondalup. Our car has conked out and we're waiting for the mechanic to come today, so my thoughts were "We're stuck here!".
I hope the hot weather breaks soon with a spectacular thunder storm; that should help!
Old Jan 19th 2005, 1:08 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larissa
Found it hard to sleep last night as the smell was quite bad here in Joondalup. Our car has conked out and we're waiting for the mechanic to come today, so my thoughts were "We're stuck here!".
I hope the hot weather breaks soon with a spectacular thunder storm; that should help!
We had ash all over our cars in Ocean Reef and the aircon was sucking in smoky air all night.

I'm in Nedlands now and the whole city is covered in smoke ans a strange orangey light.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 1:17 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

I just drove from the city down to Maddington. Everywhere is covered, but it's worse than the city down here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.