British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   THe moon's gone red !!!! (Perth) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/moons-gone-red-perth-278375/)

Go Banana's !! Jan 18th 2005 1:47 pm

THe moon's gone red !!!! (Perth)

It's actually pretty scary! :scared: You can smell the smoke in the air, there is ash floating around and we are about 50km away from it.

Say a pray for the firefighters tonight...

Jill

lauralollipop Jan 18th 2005 1:48 pm

Re: THe moon's gone red !!!! (Perth)

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
It's actually pretty scary! :scared: You can smell the smoke in the air, there is ash floating around and we are about 50km away from it.

Jill

bloody hell, its the end of the worla as we know it!!!! :scared:

jensteve Jan 18th 2005 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
bloody hell, its the end of the worla as we know it!!!! :scared:

just came on to say the moons gone red and I smell smoke and its already on, wonder how far away it is, never seen anything like the moon tonight though.
Jenny

Pollyana Jan 18th 2005 1:57 pm

They do an excellent, and often unrecgonised job. Lets hope they can control the latest outbreaks fairly swiftly.

lauralollipop Jan 18th 2005 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They do an excellent, and often unrecgonised job. Lets hope they can control the latest outbreaks fairly swiftly.

is that why its red from the reflection off the fires????

Yes they are also very sexy too in those uniforms, they are all heroes

OMG its scary

laura
xxx

Simone Jan 18th 2005 2:02 pm

The fires in the hills are now more towards Mundaring Weir, so more North, and I guess that why you guys are getting the ash.
I still haven't seen any ash, but lots and lots in the southern suburbs have.

Going out now to see if I can see the moon.

Simone Jan 18th 2005 2:05 pm

Well, it's not red from where I see it... or it's changed again.

Can see the smoke to the east though, the city lights are reflecting on it.

Go Banana's !! Jan 18th 2005 2:06 pm

Must go to bed now, hope it gets better overnight.

Asked Imogen what she would take with her if we had to get out quick, (she's pretty realistic) she replied "My money and Smudge of course" all heart!

Sleep well everyone

Jill:zzz:

gajjitt Jan 18th 2005 4:07 pm

Must go to bed now, hope it gets better overnight.

Asked Imogen what she would take with her if we had to get out quick, (she's pretty realistic) she replied "My money and Smudge of course" all heart!

Sleep well everyone

Jill:zzz:

Here's a news link
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...m?fp_news_stor

wombat42 Jan 18th 2005 6:06 pm

The term for it is " Bushfire Moon " when the sun turns red because of bushfires.

Go Banana's !! Jan 18th 2005 10:22 pm

Loads of ash covering everything this morning. Jill's going to love cleaning it all up !!:mad:

Warren !

Teresa Jan 18th 2005 11:20 pm

We could smell the smoke all the way up in Butler last night, air con guy said he drove through city this morning and its just a massive smoke haze, terrible that this was started by one idiot :mad:

Larissa Jan 18th 2005 11:48 pm

Found it hard to sleep last night as the smell was quite bad here in Joondalup. Our car has conked out and we're waiting for the mechanic to come today, so my thoughts were "We're stuck here!".
I hope the hot weather breaks soon with a spectacular thunder storm; that should help!

renth Jan 19th 2005 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Larissa
Found it hard to sleep last night as the smell was quite bad here in Joondalup. Our car has conked out and we're waiting for the mechanic to come today, so my thoughts were "We're stuck here!".
I hope the hot weather breaks soon with a spectacular thunder storm; that should help!

We had ash all over our cars in Ocean Reef and the aircon was sucking in smoky air all night.

I'm in Nedlands now and the whole city is covered in smoke ans a strange orangey light.

Simone Jan 19th 2005 12:17 am

I just drove from the city down to Maddington. Everywhere is covered, but it's worse than the city down here.