Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Monthly outgoings

Monthly outgoings

Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

TD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really nice
Default Monthly outgoings

Hi all
Hoping to be on the Sunshine coast December, could any body give me any idea of outgoings ie car ins, utilities etc, Got the rent covered, or is it similar to the UK.
No job but hopefully all will be ok, any info on any subjects will be a great help

Thanks
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

butterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nice
Default Re: Monthly outgoings

Originally Posted by TD63
Hi all
Hoping to be on the Sunshine coast December, could any body give me any idea of outgoings ie car ins, utilities etc, Got the rent covered, or is it similar to the UK.
No job but hopefully all will be ok, any info on any subjects will be a great help

Thanks
hi, we are also going to the sunshine coast march/april 2010. For the rentals try realestate.com.au this will give you an idea of rental prices.
hope this helps
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:19 pm
ABCDiamond

When renting, their are no rates for the Tenant to pay, although some may pay for water used.

Electric can vary, we pay about $500pq, I have a friend locally that pays $300pq. Neither of us have Gas.

Car insurance. That can vary on the car and the person, but last year I paid for our two cars:

$523.00 Rego & CTP
$488.00 Comp Ins

$679.45 Rego & CTP
$477.00 Comp Ins

Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

TD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really nice

Originally Posted by butterfly1234
hi, we are also going to the sunshine coast march/april 2010. For the rentals try realestate.com.au this will give you an idea of rental prices.
hope this helps
Hi were on the coast are you heading and how many, we are family of 5 but the 19 & 20 year old staying in the UK untill we settle.
Looking now for good schools for the 13 year old, Matthew Flinders in Buderim seems to tick all the boxes.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

butterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nice

Hi were on the coast are you heading and how many, we are family of 5 but the 19 & 20 year old staying in the UK untill we settle.
Looking now for good schools for the 13 year old, Matthew Flinders in Buderim seems to tick all the boxes.
hi, we lived there for 2 1/2 then i became home sick, so we moved back here so this will be our second time round our daughters both went to flinders and we were really pleased with the school, we have managed to get one back in but not the other at the moment, she has been on the list for a while fingers crossed there might be something at easter. our youngest we are going to put her name down at sunshine coast grammar second choice.
we have a house in pelican waters which we have been renting out, so we will be moving back in there.
we are a family of four myself, chris and our 2 daughters ages 11, 10 plus the dog (the only one with an oz passport lol)
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

hi, we lived there for 2 1/2 then i became home sick, so we moved back here so this will be our second time round our daughters both went to flinders and we were really pleased with the school, we have managed to get one back in but not the other at the moment, she has been on the list for a while fingers crossed there might be something at easter. our youngest we are going to put her name down at sunshine coast grammar second choice.
we have a house in pelican waters which we have been renting out, so we will be moving back in there.
we are a family of four myself, chris and our 2 daughters ages 11, 10 plus the dog (the only one with an oz passport lol)
Thanks for the info, i found a new site near Flinders where i will rent for a while untill 100%, only just returned after 4 weeks on the SC so in the process of selling and watching the exchange rate, hope we can meet up once we get over.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info, i found a new site near Flinders where i will rent for a while untill 100%, only just returned after 4 weeks on the SC so in the process of selling and watching the exchange rate, hope we can meet up once we get over.
It would be lovely to meet up, lets hope the rate goes up when we first went over it was 2.30 ish then went to 2.57 ish i wish it was there now it would make life so much easier/cheaper. Where in the uk are you? I hear its quite warm out there at the moment, bit of a shock when you landed then!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:20 am
Just Joined

It would be lovely to meet up, lets hope the rate goes up when we first went over it was 2.30 ish then went to 2.57 ish i wish it was there now it would make life so much easier/cheaper. Where in the uk are you? I hear its quite warm out there at the moment, bit of a shock when you landed then!
Yes the rate is a bit of a downer, but hopefully will rise. We are near Manchester.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Yes the rate is a bit of a downer, but hopefully will rise. We are near Manchester.
We are further south in cambridgeshire. If there is anything you need help with just give us a shout.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

We are further south in cambridgeshire. If there is anything you need help with just give us a shout.
Thanks,( you might wish you hadnt offered)
I know i have reservations about no job having always been in work, but to be honest i am looking to a bit of time off.
I only recenly returned from OZ and saw Kawana Water advertised on the tv as well as billboards it seems like a nice place, i was looking at Buderim just to be close to the school untill i can settle in .
I just trying to budget on what i would need to live on a year compared to the UK, once i have sold the house should be able to buy. or i may rent my house in the UK but not sure on the tax complications.:
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks,( you might wish you hadnt offered)
I know i have reservations about no job having always been in work, but to be honest i am looking to a bit of time off.
I only recenly returned from OZ and saw Kawana Water advertised on the tv as well as billboards it seems like a nice place, i was looking at Buderim just to be close to the school untill i can settle in .
I just trying to budget on what i would need to live on a year compared to the UK, once i have sold the house should be able to buy. or i may rent my house in the UK but not sure on the tax complications.:
No problem, its always better to swap notes makes life a bit easier.
Kawana waters is lovely i have no idea about the rental prices there though, your right being near to the school is a good idea otherwise you spend your whole day running backwards and forwards that in itself is a full time job lol.
We have decided to rent our house out here, with the market being flat we thought it would be easier lets hope so.
Trying to do a budget is always hard as everyone spends money differently and has different costs. Main costs will be rent, school fees and shopping or should i say thats what ours are, all the rest are smaller amounts like car insurance, household bills which if you rent you will only have electric, telephone/internet and contents insurance.
hope this helps
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

No problem, its always better to swap notes makes life a bit easier.
Kawana waters is lovely i have no idea about the rental prices there though, your right being near to the school is a good idea otherwise you spend your whole day running backwards and forwards that in itself is a full time job lol.
We have decided to rent our house out here, with the market being flat we thought it would be easier lets hope so.
Trying to do a budget is always hard as everyone spends money differently and has different costs. Main costs will be rent, school fees and shopping or should i say thats what ours are, all the rest are smaller amounts like car insurance, household bills which if you rent you will only have electric, telephone/internet and contents insurance.
hope this helps
Thanks again
I will keep in touch and would be good to meet up once i get over