Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moningplanet.net help for emirates extra baggage allowance

Moningplanet.net help for emirates extra baggage allowance

Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Rajag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moningplanet.net help for emirates extra baggage allowance

I cannot reach the Moving Planet website?

If I use the code, can you book Emirates flights with any agent or does it need to be Moving Planet or Emirates online?
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

h-jp is an unknown quantity at this point

i entered the code on the emirates website search box where it asks for you to put in the promo code and it automatically reduces the price and increses the baggage allowance,
then email the online support team who check your visa and passport and email you confirmation of the extra baggage allowance
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h-jp
i entered the code on the emirates website search box where it asks for you to put in the promo code and it automatically reduces the price and increses the baggage allowance,
then email the online support team who check your visa and passport and email you confirmation of the extra baggage allowance
They will keep the offer open for a while if you're visa is not yet in place. We're going Jan flights booked but won't have visa until November. Just a phone call and it was sorted.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Are they ok with you using the code even if you've not actually registered with Moving Planet? I tried to find how to, and there was no link on their website, and now the Moving Planet website seems to be down completely.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

h-jp is an unknown quantity at this point

i used it 4 weeks ago and they are fine, its impossible to get in touch with moving planet and the online support team from emirates just assumed that i had they were very helpful on the phone after id booked.
it also says that you have to go to the airport to pick up and pay for your tickets however when they check yourvisa and passport details they allow you to pay on the phone
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Thanks. I tried to code on the Emirates website and it accepted it ok. How strange about the payment thing - I assumed that you would just enter your credit card details on the Emirates website as part of the booking process? I had read on their site you can make the booking then you need to send copies of your passport and visa within 24 hours of booking.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
We're going Jan flights booked but won't have visa until November.
How do you know you'll be getting your visa in November?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiestar
How do you know you'll be getting your visa in November?
Is 119 visa so we know when we'll approx have it
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rajag
I cannot reach the Moving Planet website?

If I use the code, can you book Emirates flights with any agent or does it need to be Moving Planet or Emirates online?
We used the code and needed to collect the tickets, couldn't pay on line, have to book through Emirates and having the code work without being moving planet member.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

I booked my family's flights to Melbourne yesterday on the Emirates site. Procedure:-
  • Tried to contact Moving Planet website and emailed them - no luck
  • I entered the UKMOVE1 promotional code, from this forum, on the online booking form.
  • This then registered the booking as a Moving Planet offer, reduced the cost and increased the baggage allowance.
  • You get a booking reference and get to choose your seats but do not pay.
  • I emailed the Emirates online support centre with a scan of me and my family's passport, visas and booking ref
  • Received confirmation email that baggage allowance had been increased
  • Went to Manchester airport to pay for and collect tickets.
  • I understand that we could have paid by phone received e-tickets.
Excellent result, cheap tickets and 50kg baggage allowance for all family members even my 3 yr old son!

Rajag
Old Sep 4th 2009, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Do your visa's have to unvalidated for this offer!?

I validated mine in 2005 & will be moving to Melbourne in October!?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

I understand that your visa needs to be unvalidated. For all Emirates know, you could have taken a load of stuff over in 2005. However I may be wrong, I suggest you call Emirates to check.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chilliman
Do your visa's have to unvalidated for this offer!?

I validated mine in 2005 & will be moving to Melbourne in October!?
Has to be unvalidated
Old Sep 5th 2009, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

I thought I should add my tuppanceworth here.
So you guys have some recent evidence of this offer still working.
We booked 2 weeks ago for flights leaving on Tuesday.
I know I am going over some of the same ground covered earlier...but here is a recent example of how it worked for us...
1:-Searched online, using Emirates own website. Used Promo Code ukmove1
2:- Picked the flights we liked ( £2096 for all 5 of us: 2adults, 2child 1infant)
3:- Tried to book online and the Website tells you to pay at a local Emirates desk with a few days and pick up the ticket when you show your Visa.
4:- Your flights are held for you for a few days 'till you get to their office and pay them.
We have got our tickets now with total 200kg allowance!!
It was nice to pick up the tickets from the airport- not a great fan of spending loads online! Esp with horror stories of folk making mistakes on online bookings and being charge £300 per person to amend...or worse.

I gather they have offices in some city centres too. We had a local choice of Glasgow City or Glasgow Airport.
HKA
Old Sep 5th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Has to be unvalidated
Oh well look like I will use excess baggage for anything over 30 kilo's then!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.