Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Money transfers to ozforex

Wikiposts

Money transfers to ozforex

Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:03 pm
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice
Default Money transfers to ozforex

Anyone transfered money through these guys from anywhere other than UK ? I am in Canada. How does it work exactly ? Do I simply transfer money from my canadian account to ozforex then fix a rate then have them transfer to my australian account ? Can I do this from Canada ?

Thanks
Jason.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money transfers to ozforex

Originally Posted by ectomorph
Anyone transfered money through these guys from anywhere other than UK ? I am in Canada. How does it work exactly ? Do I simply transfer money from my canadian account to ozforex then fix a rate then have them transfer to my australian account ? Can I do this from Canada ?

Thanks
Jason.
Yep, exactly that. I move money in both directions, UK-Aus, and Aus-UK, and the process is exactly the same both ways
Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:17 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ectomorph

Thanks
Jason.
how much are you looking at doing?

if its smaller amounts try their little sister branch at tranzfers.com its part of ozforex.

how it works,

you get a rate(or not, you can choose to do it at your leisure when/if price is good)

they confirm by email/telephone that deall is set(within mminutes)

you transfer money to them,(approx 3 working days)

when money gets to them they either give you the rate there and then or if you have chosen to do it yourself then you can go on and look at transfers and click to exchange there and then at the rate when you choose. This can be good if you know there will be an upturn and you are waiting.

The first time i did it it was automatic and i got a poor rsate as it went down that morn. Secoind time i kept it in thier account for a day or 2 , watched the movements and struck at the right time. The difference even on 4 grand was abvbout £60 quid- it all helps.

good luck

al

Last edited by alkristensen; Dec 31st 2006 at 4:27 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I have used them a few times and they are great. Once you have registered it is simple to transfer money when ever you like. They charge $7 each transfer and keep all of your account details online.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I use them. They're brilliant. No problems whatsoever and money's as safe as houses as the company complies with all the nice Aussie rules about handling your money.
Trade with confidence.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Ooops meant 7 pounds and around $15 from this end back to the UK.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 10:20 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

I've used them a couple of times but from the UK to Oz,

I would imagine they are not any different from Canada to Oz either
Set the exchange rate then transfer our money to their account which is then transfered to our Oz account, we paid to have our money transfered by chaps but i hasten to add this charge was from our UK bank and not Ozforex

Just wanted to say they are a very professional, friendly, easy to use company that i would recommend to anyone
Old Dec 31st 2006, 11:54 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Just wanted to say they are a very professional, friendly, easy to use company that i would recommend to anyone
Ditto
Old Jan 1st 2007, 6:23 am
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice

thanks for all the replies. I will be checking with my bank about transfering money since I was told to wire money I would have to come into the bank personally, which is no good.