Money Transfers

Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

sandh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Money Transfers

Hi,am new to this forum so be gentle with me, am waiting for visa to turn up and am wondering which company to use to take care of money transfers part of which will be $100.000 bond, considering commonwealth bank but have seen some negative posts also HIFX or HSBC has anyone got expereince of any of these.
Thanks for any help
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:08 pm
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Money Transfers

Originally posted by sandh
Hi,am new to this forum so be gentle with me, am waiting for visa to turn up and am wondering which company to use to take care of money transfers part of which will be $100.000 bond, considering commonwealth bank but have seen some negative posts also HIFX or HSBC has anyone got expereince of any of these.
Thanks for any help
HI,
Welcome to the forum!
We are using Halewood (HIFX.co.uk), with whom I have set up an account and bought the funds on a forward contract basis. This mean I am locked into the exchange rate and can keep puyshing back the date when i want the bond until we get asked for it.

Halewood have done the bond thing loads of times and know the process really well.

I have also set up an account with HSBC over in Oz - easy to do, just call their international centre then go to a branch to get papers signed and about 2 weeks later you should have a live account.

The HSBC account is handy to get the bond interest paid into.

Good luck!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Dilly's is an unknown quantity at this point

Am setting up a couple of accounts xetrade.com and halewood too. Used xetrade today for initial sum to finish opening HSBC account in Oz.

I always intended to use an organisation that others have used before and these two got several mentions in the past.

Good luck
Old Apr 26th 2004, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

FalcoThorn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

With regard to the AUS$100K investment I was thinking of doing a telegraphic transfer with my bank, costs £25 (well hope it still costs that). Has anyone done it this way?

Cheers

Linzie
Old Apr 26th 2004, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

morganj is an unknown quantity at this point

You may find this previous link useful, I know that I did.

Prepare for a long read!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...5&pagenumber=1