Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Money Transfer Oz to UK

Money Transfer Oz to UK

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

AndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really nice
Default Money Transfer Oz to UK

I will need to send regular cash from my OZ account to UK account when I arrive in Jan.

I have accounts with HSBC in UK and in Sydney now (althouth the OZ account is currently dorment). Are there any obvious pit falls to avoid? I want to send money each month.....is there a better/more cost effective way then simply HSBC account to account?

ta
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:23 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money Transfer Oz to UK

http://www.tranzfers.com/

Better exchange rate than your bank is a good reason to use them.

Are part of ozforex which you would use instead for larger sums but this is good for smaller regular ones.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

As above, I have been using them for the past 2 years, simple, secure and cheap $15 per transfer!!

John
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 11:11 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John_R
As above, I have been using them for the past 2 years, simple, secure and cheap $15 per transfer!!

John
Ditto both above, I have been using Tranzfers for 2 1/2 years now sending monthy amounts to UK. Never had a problem and easy to use.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

AndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really nice

Thanks guys....looks like we have the answer then!
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 11:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndrewMarilyn
Thanks guys....looks like we have the answer then!
They are very easy to use - speaking from ten years of experience! Also they do look after people they know have come to them via this forum, and in the rare event of having a problem with them Matt Gilmour who posts on here (as mgilmour) is one of the head honchos at Tranzfers and is very willing to talk people through things. He's also willing to chat to people who have doubts of any kind about using the company - security issues or whatever.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 12:23 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They are very easy to use - speaking from ten years of experience! Also they do look after people they know have come to them via this forum, and in the rare event of having a problem with them Matt Gilmour who posts on here (as mgilmour) is one of the head honchos at Tranzfers and is very willing to talk people through things. He's also willing to chat to people who have doubts of any kind about using the company - security issues or whatever.
Yes, still enjoy using my Internet Radio!!!
Old Nov 4th 2010, 12:47 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paddyo
Yes, still enjoy using my Internet Radio!!!
Love that thing!

We've used Ozforex many times and think they're awesome. Tranzfers is part of the same company I think so if I ever needed to make regular smaller payments I would certainly use them.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 1:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
Love that thing!

We've used Ozforex many times and think they're awesome. Tranzfers is part of the same company I think so if I ever needed to make regular smaller payments I would certainly use them.
Yep, Tranzfers is the arm of the company that deals in smaller amounts