Money transfer from GBP to A$

Money transfer from GBP to A$

Old Aug 12th 2006, 7:44 am
Just Joined

davey_rees is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Money transfer from GBP to A$

Hello,

My wife and I are moving to Brisbane in Nov. We will have over £100,000

which is the best way to transfer money to OZ. I have an ANZ account.

As everyone is we are looking to get as many A$ as possible.

Who have you used and what were they like to deal with.

Love Dai
Old Aug 12th 2006, 8:11 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money transfer from GBP to A$

Originally Posted by davey_rees
Hello,

Love Dai
Hi.

take a look at www.ozforex.com.au.

We had a similar amount to you and we made an extra $11,000 between the time we sold our house and the time we actually matured our forward contract and flew out.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 8:13 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Love Dai

Try ozforex.com - click on the banner ad above!

Also, tranzfers.com is supposed to be good, also owned by oxforez I think.

Other than that try a forum search on this topic as it seems to come up every other day on this forum.

A
Old Aug 12th 2006, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Love Dai
Hi we used Oz Forex as well they were great, we forward bought a rate when rate was good. Highly recommend them. We used Commonwealth bank at first but there rate wasn't as good at all!!
Good luck
Marie
Old Aug 12th 2006, 11:49 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

You can also try www.moneycorp.com and www.hifx.com

Julie. x
Old Aug 12th 2006, 12:26 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil&momo
Hi we used Oz Forex as well they were great, we forward bought a rate when rate was good. Highly recommend them. We used Commonwealth bank at first but there rate wasn't as good at all!!
Good luck
Marie
the commonwealth bank matched OzForex both times that i have used them
much easier than moving from bank to broker to different bank
Old Aug 12th 2006, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by steve`o
the commonwealth bank matched OzForex both times that i have used them
much easier than moving from bank to broker to different bank
It depends how much your transferring! Commonwealth only give you a better rate after a certain amount!! Ozforex go up in scales. We transfered 95Kpounds and ozforex quoted a better rate. We always shop around for everything! Don't just look at 1 look at a few different companies and pick the best at that time.
It sounds like hassel going from Bank to broker to bank but it's not at all. You just transfer your money to the broker we even did it in about 5 transactions so it wouldn't cost us anything as we did it over the internet banking. Then they sort it going into your bank here! How hard is that!! Don't forget even 1 point of a difference in exchange rate can make a hell of a difference when transferring large amounts!
Cheers Marie
Old Aug 16th 2006, 6:14 am
Just Joined

Caveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neil&momo
<snip>You just transfer your money to the broker we even did it in about 5 transactions so it wouldn't cost us anything as we did it over the internet banking.
Hi Marie,

I am about to transfer money over for a house deposit using Ozforex. I asked the Nationwide how to transfer between two UK accounts and they said I'd have to do a CHAPS transaction involving forms and ID at the local branch with a 20GBP fee. The fee is not much in the scheme of things but the local branch is thousands of miles away! Internet banking sounds better but I'm waiting for an answer as to how much I can move in one day or in one transaction. Would be interested to know what you were limited to and how long you were given to transfer the funds. Thanks
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:40 am
Sydneysider & loving it!!

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough

Hello,

Love Dai
Tranzfers (Ozforex - same company) are the best in my opinion.

Here's the link http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=molloymj

Good luck!

Mike.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by molloymj
Tranzfers (Ozforex - same company) are the best in my opinion.

Here's the link http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=molloymj

Good luck!

Mike.

Yep...Ozforex..mosdef....(although I haven't reached Oz yet to find out if my money has come out on the other side )
Old Aug 16th 2006, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Guitarfish is a jewel in the roughGuitarfish is a jewel in the roughGuitarfish is a jewel in the roughGuitarfish is a jewel in the rough

I'd recommend registering with at least 2 companies and trying them both whenever you think the rate is good. I've done 3 transfers to date, and twice I've been able to talk up the exchange rate by telling the 'lower' offer about the 'higher'. Only by .5 cent, but on $100K it's still $500...

I'm registered with Hifx and with Currency Solutions.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guitarfish
I'd recommend registering with at least 2 companies and trying them both whenever you think the rate is good. I've done 3 transfers to date, and twice I've been able to talk up the exchange rate by telling the 'lower' offer about the 'higher'. Only by .5 cent, but on $100K it's still $500...

I'm registered with Hifx and with Currency Solutions.

I agree..register with more than one.

I registered with Moneycorp & Ozforex. The morning I wanted to exchange, I called Moneycorp...and noone answered the phone...so lucky I'd registered with Ozforex also.

Had I not...we would have been cost thousands of $ , as 3 hours later the £ had weakenend against Aussie by 2 cents!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

wendyclewley89 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've spoken to www.hfix.com and rec all their brochures from the rates given they certainly seem to save you a lot of money rather than doing it through the banks, I was staggered at the amounts the banks charge

They were very helpful as well and spoke plain English
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:43 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Also try XE Trade
Old Aug 16th 2006, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

You will almost definitely find a noticeably better rate with the money transfer agencies than you could receive from a bank, and as Guitarfish said register with a couple and see who gives you the best rate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.