Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Money Transfer Delay Worry-reassurance pls!

Money Transfer Delay Worry-reassurance pls!

Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:11 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Money Transfer Delay Worry-reassurance pls!

Transferred my money via chaps to Ozforex on Thursday & the chap i spoke to then said it would be in my Aussie bank account by latest Monday but now it's saying Tuesday.

Bizarrely a separate amount I sent them by chaps the same day got paid into my Aussie account a day later on Friday (which I understand is usual) but it is the much larger amount that is held up

Spoke to them this morning-the chap was v helpful & said he could see no reason for the transfer delay but it would still have to wait until tmrw as Sydney is closed-so that's 3 working days.

I'm such a worrier anyway this is doing me no good! Has anyone else had it take this long?
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:14 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Money Transfer Delay Worry-reassurance pls!

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Transferred my money via chaps to Ozforex on Thursday & the chap i spoke to then said it would be in my Aussie bank account by latest Monday but now it's saying Tuesday.

Bizarrely a separate amount I sent them by chaps the same day got paid into my Aussie account a day later on Friday (which I understand is usual) but it is the much larger amount that is held up

Spoke to them this morning-the chap was v helpful & said he could see no reason for the transfer delay but it would still have to wait until tmrw as Sydney is closed-so that's 3 working days.

I'm such a worrier anyway this is doing me no good! Has anyone else had it take this long?
I used Ozforex and used Chaps by way of means of transferring. Some payments took longer than others, some were more than expected, not that i complained They are a very good company so i wouldn't panic too much. Time dalays and office hrs vary so this does delay things.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:28 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I used Ozforex and used Chaps by way of means of transferring. Some payments took longer than others, some were more than expected, not that i complained They are a very good company so i wouldn't panic too much. Time dalays and office hrs vary so this does delay things.
Thanks-makes me feel a bit better-the more than expected part sounds good!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:49 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

We used Oxforex every time we transfered, never had any problems with them

Check with your Uk bank that they have released the money

We did our transfer with Chaps and our bank wouldn't release the funds because we hadn't authorised it, one phone call later

super duper all excellent and money turned up a day later!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:53 am
South Yarra Sheila

Originally Posted by Sam
We used Oxforex every time we transfered, never had any problems with them

Check with your Uk bank that they have released the money

We did our transfer with Chaps and our bank wouldn't release the funds because we hadn't authorised it, one phone call later

super duper all excellent and money turned up a day later!
it def all reached them on the Thurs-perhaps they are making some extra interest
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:21 am
Just Joined

aa88 is an unknown quantity at this point

try shopping around a few forex providers to move your money with, it shouldn't cost you anything to register and then you can do test trades to find out which works best. It seems that there's no rhyme or reason to alot of the delays in this field, particularly when moving money into asia. the companies never seem to know why there is a delay and it's often held up for some reason by the bank. at the end of the day the more you try the better the service your likely to get.