Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Money Saving Expert - Martin Lewis

Money Saving Expert - Martin Lewis

Old Mar 29th 2010, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all
Default Money Saving Expert - Martin Lewis

Just wondering what's the equivelant to Martin Lewis' Money Saving Expert in Australia

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/bank-charges
Old Mar 29th 2010, 8:56 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money Saving Expert - Martin Lewis

Try Here
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Good one mate!
Obvious you have a good sense of humour - you need it living in WA apparently (LoL)
Old Mar 29th 2010, 12:20 pm
ABCDiamond

Canstar is good for Financial comparisons http://www.canstar.com.au

Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:26 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

If you're specifically interested in reclaiming bank charges then try Choice. http://www.choice.com.au/Consumer-Ac...roduction.aspx

They have template letters for reclaiming penalty fees etc for banks and credit cards.

Good info on there too regarding fee-free banking.

I also use www.ratecity.com.au
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:35 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by tking
If you're specifically interested in reclaiming bank charges then try Choice. http://www.choice.com.au/Consumer-Ac...roduction.aspx

They have template letters for reclaiming penalty fees etc for banks and credit cards.

Good info on there too regarding fee-free banking.

I also use www.ratecity.com.au
Choice really does work well... from that link:
23 APR 2008 | Bank income from fees is increasing rapidly. Some fees are legitimate, but others are nothing short of price gouging. The time has come for banks to get rid of some fees and make others fairer.
and now the banks have been cutting the fees
eg:
6 Aug 2009 ... On Wednesday, CBA announced that it too would cut dishonour fees for business and personal bank accounts from the current $35 to $5.

CBA’s move follows closely on the heels of similar actions taken by rivals NAB and Westpac. Last week NAB announced it would cut its overdraft fee after invoking customer ire, prompting all the major banking groups to undertake fee reviews, with Westpac announcing a similar move at the start of the week, and culminating with CBA’s announcement yesterday.
http://www.money-au.com.au/finance-n...-charges-5020/
I think that NAB is leading the way, for the big banks, with its no fees accounts.

Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

polly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Money Saving Expert - Martin Lewis

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
Just wondering what's the equivelant to Martin Lewis' Money Saving Expert in Australia

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/bank-charges
Spooky - I love Martin Lewis & was a member for years on his forum & I've been searching since I got here.

I found www.moneysavingmaster.com.au today. It has many similarities but looks to be in the early stages.

Hope this helps & see you there

Polly_Pod