View Poll Results: how much cash are you planning to take with you ?
£0 - £50,000
37.25%
£50,000 - £100,000
22.88%
£100,000 - £150,000
9.80%
£150,00 - £200,000
5.23%
£200,000 +
24.84%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

money poll

Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:42 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default money poll

I'm sure this has been done before but i'd like to see how much (if any) dosh people are planning to move to Aus with.

Just cos i'm nosey

Lee
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: money poll

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
I'm sure this has been done before but i'd like to see how much (if any) dosh people are planning to move to Aus with.

Just cos i'm nosey

Lee
Will be taking bugger all around $25,000 if we're lucky

But will see us right until we're both working, not fussy what I do work wise and have family who can home us for a few months so no rental costs Will be a struggle and maybe I'll have to stay in UK for a few months so that we have an income, who knows
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:53 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Doesnt matter how much you take,i dont think its ever gonna be enough

Lee
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Probably about £15k ($35k). I'm doing my hardest to save, and will sell my car, which is all I own.

It'll be enough, I will work anywhere (within reason) to start with.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:01 am
pink 'n' bouncy

Of course the money you take is largely dictated by if you sell your house or not(thats if you have one to sell in the first place)

We're selling ours

Lee
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

mike-Ju will become famous soon enoughmike-Ju will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xzibit
Probably about £15k ($35k). I'm doing my hardest to save, and will sell my car, which is all I own.

It'll be enough, I will work anywhere (within reason) to start with.

Know what you mean, after tickets and shipping costs we may only have 10k to bring over and we are going to have to scrimp and scrape for a while, just have enough for the bond and rent and food for the first month I expect and maybe a really old claptrap of a car, we need to source jobs before we go otherwise we could become unstuck real fast.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

By the time you get here Lee, it wont matter how much money you ve got you ll be toooooooo old !!!!!!!!

Doris xx
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:12 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by flowergal
By the time you get here Lee, it wont matter how much money you ve got you ll be toooooooo old !!!!!!!!

Doris xx
oi

true

Dave
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:19 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

We’re planning on bringing about $30k with us, I doubt we’ll be able to save much more than that between now and then! We rent so no house to sell but luckily I have family near Sydney so I know we won’t end up on the street if the worst came to the worst! We’d love to have more going but if it means spending another year in London rather than in Sydney then I think we’ll make the best of what we can get together.

Thérèse
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Not much. Would like to think around £15000...a tiny amount compared to others. Am concerned about buying a place out there...but if wasn't for the area we were in now, we wouldn't be able to here either.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:11 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

It depends what we sell our house for
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

kericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud of

were hoping to have around £100,000 to take with us i still worry though as there are 6 of us and all they keep going on about in perth is that how expensive everything thing is cost of food house prices etc,but i would rather get by over there for the sake of my kids
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

I think this is kind of like making the decision to have kids...you never think you'll have enough money to have them but most people survive once they're thrown in the deep end!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

We brought around $90,000 thanks to sale of the house, was enough to buy the ute for hubby, tarago for me and 4 wee uns, and all the white goods, TV lounge BBQ and stuff for the house, but we didn't buy old cars, and we bought them outright, so they took a large chunk out of our savings, and I used $10,000 on a diploma course in Remedial Massage so i could work from home. Not much left now, but at least we are set up. Don't forget that for permanent residents, you get the equivalent of family tax credit and working families tax credit too. That helps too.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty

Just cos i'm nosey

Lee
hi nosey

We are taking a fiver with us to aus...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.