Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Money money money.....

Money money money.....

Old Sep 3rd 2005, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Big dreamers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Money money money.....

when we sell our house and pay off the debts we will be left with about£35k.

This ain,t alot of dough considering we will have to use cash for house deposit,rent etc.Everything comes off that from the start.

We will both have jobs to go to but the worry is still there.

Is £35k and exceptable amount to door step ozland??
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

hawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Money money money.....

You should have enough for the bond & the first months rent but I guess it depends on where you want to live
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

John has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly is acceptable, some go with a LOT less than that amount; it all depends on the area you're headed to and your expectations...
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

bleugh is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by John
It certainly is acceptable, some go with a LOT less than that amount; it all depends on the area you're headed to and your expectations...
i'll have about 30k after i sell up and wipe out debts, and thats for me and the missus.
i'm gonna blow 5k on travelling for 6 months,(i doubt it'd last 6 mnths, but i'm not likley to get the chance again in my life to travel for a few months!)

and worst case, 25k will get us through 2 years in oz if we dont find work, or it'll put down a good 25% on a mortgage for a home if we do.

some people have gone with no money, others with borrowed money, dunno how they worked out, but you've a nice sum there :-)
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 11:39 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Money money money.....

Originally Posted by Big dreamers

This ain,t alot of dough considering we will have to use cash for house deposit,rent etc.Everything comes off that from the start.

£35,000 = AUD $84,279. That's easily enough for a 30% deposit on a decent suburban house in places like Western Australia or South Australia.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 12:04 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big dreamers

It all depends on your situation. I came out to Australia with less that 10% of the amount you state, but it was only me + the mrs. If I had children to support I would have needed more than that.