Reload this Page >

money money money

Wikiposts

money money money

Old Oct 30th 2003, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

laverda is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool money money money

so what is the actual acceptance regarding finace to take with you?? how does this side work regarding the application? im unfortunate that i dont own my house (council) so will have to save before i go . the other question i like to ask is convictions....i have read that as long as you havnt spent more than a year in her majesty b n b and havnt got a long long list of convictions you should be ok?? though i did chat to an agent who say they got someone in with over 200 convictions..bit sus if you ask me mind.....

info pls.....geee im a worried man here
Old Oct 30th 2003, 5:34 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: money money money

Originally posted by laverda
so what is the actual acceptance regarding finace to take with you?? how does this side work regarding the application? im unfortunate that i dont own my house (council) so will have to save before i go . the other question i like to ask is convictions....i have read that as long as you havnt spent more than a year in her majesty b n b and havnt got a long long list of convictions you should be ok?? though i did chat to an agent who say they got someone in with over 200 convictions..bit sus if you ask me mind.....

Hiya......... have you looked at my hubbies thread on Police Worries........ use the search button............

we are considering doing the meds in jan........... and the stress of the unknown has hit us once more......... if anyone checks the thread out and has any views please let us know...........

love boomer
xxxxx
Old Oct 30th 2003, 8:35 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default sorry Laverda

thanx for the pm.......... but sorry can't help you on that one laverda.

love B
xxxx
Old Oct 31st 2003, 10:56 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: money money money

Originally posted by laverda

hi laverda,
I think the official line on funds you are taking with you are on the lines of a couple of years salary to be able to support yourself and your family should you not be able to find work straight away. However, from asking a similar question myself several months ago, I think they dont actually check what you put down!!
Several on here have stated they are only taking $20k or so with them, whilst others obviously are taking many times more!!!
We are in the same postition as you, live in a council property! As we dont want to go out there for a couple of years yet (because of the cost of childcare for twins!) we are now buying our council house, as it will allow us to make quite a good profit in the 3 years we have before we can sell it.
have a good search through the archives on here, you will find quite a bit of info.
regarding the convictions, again, do a search as this has been discussed quite extensivley recently and there are a couple of links to the offical 'line'. cant remember the exact thread, but the official info is somewhere on the dimia website.

Good luck!!!!!!

Sue
Old Oct 31st 2003, 11:01 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

the link is on 'criminal record question' thread from about 10 days ago. if you do a search under this it will bring the thread up - the link is on a post several responses down!

sue
Old Oct 31st 2003, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

I think this is the info you require

For the purposes of this section, a person does not pass the character test if:
(a) the person has a substantial criminal record (as defined by subsection (7)); or
(b) the person has or has had an association with someone else, or with a group or organisation, whom the Minister reasonably suspects has been or is involved in criminal conduct; or
(c) having regard to either or both of the following:
(i) the person's past and present criminal conduct;
(ii) the person's past and present general conduct;
the person is not of good character; or
(d) in the event the person were allowed to enter or to remain in Australia, there is a significant risk that the person would:
(i) engage in criminal conduct in Australia; or
(ii) harass, molest, intimidate or stalk another person in Australia; or
(iii) vilify a segment of the Australian community; or
(iv) incite discord in the Australian community or in a segment of that community; or
(v) represent a danger to the Australian community or to a segment of that community, whether by way of being liable to become involved in activities that are disruptive to, or in violence threatening harm to, that community or segment, or in any other way.
Otherwise, the person passes the character test.

Substantial criminal record

(7) For the purposes of the character test, a person has a substantial criminal record if:
(a) the person has been sentenced to death; or
(b) the person has been sentenced to imprisonment for life; or
(c) the person has been sentenced to a term of imprisonment of 12 months or more; or
(d) the person has been sentenced to 2 or more terms of imprisonment (whether on one or more occasions), where the total of those terms is 2 years or more; or
(e) the person has been acquitted of an offence on the grounds of unsoundness of mind or insanity, and as a result the person has been detained in a facility or institution.

Periodic detention

(8) For the purposes of the character test, if a person has been sentenced to periodic detention, the person’s term of imprisonment is taken to be equal to the number of days the person is required under that sentence to spend in detention.