Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Money issues - Your views please

Money issues - Your views please

Old Jan 11th 2008, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light
Default Money issues - Your views please

We will obviously need to start thinking about finance - has anyone any recommendations on companies who deal with transfer of money, pensions, etc?

We have been sent info on HiFX but before committing to anyone, I'd like your learned views please

Karen xx
Old Jan 12th 2008, 1:23 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money issues - Your views please

HiFX or Ozforex. Both as good as each other for transfers.

Pensions you can do yourself and no need to pay a broker fee. Chat to your pensions company and they will usually be pleased to help.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Karen, when are you planning on arriving?

I agree, HIFX and Ozforex both good, only reason we went with Ozforex was because the other companies kept ringing us up and questioning when we'd have the funds whereas they left us alone until we were ready to ring them and get it organised.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:15 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Arent Ozforex the sister company of hifx?
Old Jan 12th 2008, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

We've used HIFX a few times and the transfers we've made have been excellent. No hassle or problems at all.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 9:59 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Arent Ozforex the sister company of hifx?
Don't think so. I believe they (OzForex) are now owned by the Macquarie Bank, and have a sister company UKForex.

Best regards.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bridie
Hi Karen, when are you planning on arriving?

I agree, HIFX and Ozforex both good, only reason we went with Ozforex was because the other companies kept ringing us up and questioning when we'd have the funds whereas they left us alone until we were ready to ring them and get it organised.
Hello Bridie

I've been emailing you - I've probably got old email address for you?? Never mind, lovely to hear from you, dear friend

We have to be out in Oz by 30 September but as long as Sam has done his GCSEs (last one end of June) and we've sold everything we'll be over

Hope you, Malc and bubby are all well.

Love
Karen & Co xx
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:48 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Hi there

I've been using FirstRateFX.com for about 12 months, sent £40K over in Dec06 and more recently as the exchange rate is so poor been sending money monthly for cover of my land mortgage.

Found them very good, and easy to deal with, as I'm also registered with Ozforex I can compare rates and FirstRateFX are definitely better on the rates. Also easier to fully register with firstrate as Ozforex seem to want a reference who they can call who's in the phone book (all sounds over complicated and weird).

FirstRateFX don't charge anything for there transactions either which for me sending money over monthly is a good thing.

All round can't recommend them enough.

Cheers

Allan
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allankate
Hi there

I've been using FirstRateFX.com for about 12 months, sent £40K over in Dec06 and more recently as the exchange rate is so poor been sending money monthly for cover of my land mortgage.

Found them very good, and easy to deal with, as I'm also registered with Ozforex I can compare rates and FirstRateFX are definitely better on the rates. Also easier to fully register with firstrate as Ozforex seem to want a reference who they can call who's in the phone book (all sounds over complicated and weird).

FirstRateFX don't charge anything for there transactions either which for me sending money over monthly is a good thing.

All round can't recommend them enough.

Cheers

Allan
Thanks for the info

K xx